• May 11, 2024, 06:37:03 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Network Bridging  (Read 6682 times)

Mastrius0713

• Level 1 Member
Network Bridging
« on: November 30, 2011, 10:29:45 PM »

I did a search but didn't find any similar problems like the one I've had so I am going to post it here.

For quite some time I've connected to a local hotspot using a Belkin Wireless-G adapter bridged through Windows XP on my laptop to a wireless router so the other people in the house could share one connection. This worked well for several months until the adapter bunt up and I had to replace it. So I bought the D-Link DWA-130 Rev E1 adapter at Office Depot. The connection was a lot more powerful then the Belkin, but when I tried to bridge the adapter to the Local Area Connection in Windows, it seemed to stop functioning. The D-Link Adapter was active, and it showed that it was connected to the hotspot, but neither the computer it was connected to, nor any of the other computers seemed to be able to connect to the internet. When I switched over to using the Windows wireless utility, it would give me the same problem showing that it was connected to the wireless hotspot, but none of the computers could access the internet. Only when I removed the adapter from the bridge did it seem to allow the computer to access the internet again. If anyone knows how to fix this problem, let me know.
COMPAL HEL80I
Microsoft Windows XP Home
Service Pack 3
Intel T2130 @ 1.86GHz
1,024.00MB RAM
111.78MB Hard Disk