• April 25, 2024, 06:50:13 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Firmware update problem for Revision B2  (Read 4518 times)

Janikins

• Level 1 Member
Firmware update problem for Revision B2
« on: September 15, 2009, 01:40:56 PM »

I'm trying to upgrade from 2.23 to 2.25 but it won't let me. I downloaded the correct file from the Norwegian D-Link website (I'm based in Norway so thought it'd make sense) and went to work. But what happened next? Well...

The uploaded firmware file may not be correct. You may have uploaded a file that is not intended for this device, or the uploaded file may be corrupted.

If the uploaded file is correct, it is possible that the device may be too busy to properly receive it right now. In this case, please try the upload again. It is also possible that you are logged in as a 'user' instead of an 'admin' - only administrators can upload new firmware.

The Gateway will not be reprogrammed.

So I tried a different approach and went to the British website and grabbed 2.25 and tried again. Same result.

It's complete bulls*** and I'm getting very fed up! The file I've tried with is DIR-615B2_FW225B02.bin

Has anyone else had a problem with this? I've no idea when I bought the damn thing but I've probably had it for two years (had a similar one before that for three).

Cheers for any help you may have, any light you might shed on my annoying situation. I'd contact D-Link but I have no idea when I bought the router as I said and they seem to be quite fascist when it comes to that stuff.

Thanks!  :)

srdill

• Level 1 Member
Re: Firmware update problem for Revision B2
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 07:13:27 PM »

Same scenario, months later, downloaded from the "Global" site. Time to take this to Twitter! >:(

doctorcilantro

• Level 1 Member
Re: Firmware update problem for Revision B2
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 05:53:28 AM »

Anything on this. Just bought a router and it's a B1.

Is it a bad router?

I could return and find a B2 possibly.