• April 24, 2024, 03:39:10 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Direct link to AjaXplorer on DNS (320)  (Read 23602 times)

Anseis

• Level 1 Member
Re: Direct link to AjaXplorer on DNS (320)
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2011, 03:18:44 AM »

So I was right, anyway there is no need to even install another web server since this NAS already has what you mentioned by default.

przemek was asking for a direct access to ajaxplorer (without using D-Link login screen) , it's the best way i could find to do this .

albert

• Level 5 Member
    • SoHo NAS Forum
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2011, 05:05:47 AM »

przemek was asking for a direct access to ajaxplorer (without using D-Link login screen) , it's the best way i could find to do this .

Read my reply again. What I'm saying it's possible to install AjaXplorer (latest ver) that allow direct access (no need to login via NAS webUI) and without the need to install yet another web server as suggested by you.

What I was asking from the beginning is a detail instruction on how to do so which will benefit others who are interested in this.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 05:11:02 AM by albert »
D-Link DNS-320 rev A1 (FW: 2.05) [FFP-0.7]
PCI NAS-01G (FW: Encore ENNHD-1000 4.10)
PCI NAS-01G (FW: OpenNAS 1.9]

Anseis

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2011, 07:40:26 AM »

Read my reply again. What I'm saying it's possible to install AjaXplorer (latest ver) that allow direct access (no need to login via NAS webUI) and without the need to install yet another web server as suggested by you.

What I was asking from the beginning is a detail instruction on how to do so which will benefit others who are interested in this.

Read my first answer :

Hi,

In the current implementation ajax is totally useless as you need to login in the NAS using login interface. Add fun_plug and install your own ajax or other application. (thanks to fun_plug)

From the begining i was talking about fun_plug , so i don't understand your question as fun_plug include lighttpd ...

albert

• Level 5 Member
    • SoHo NAS Forum
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2011, 08:13:52 AM »

Read my first answer :

From the begining i was talking about fun_plug , so i don't understand your question as fun_plug include lighttpd ...

Let me ask you a simple question. Does the NAS by default come with a web server (aka lighttpd)? If yes then why the need to install another one? This is what I was trying to point out but apparently you just don't get it.

To put in layman term, it's possible to setup additional web apps using the default web server and that includes AjaXplorer. Of course fun_plug is still needed but only for shell access.

And from the beginning, I was hoping for a detail instruction on the setup/config of AjaXplorer since you had done it before but not on this NAS. I have encountered error and is still looking for a solution.

Hope I made myself clear this time round.
D-Link DNS-320 rev A1 (FW: 2.05) [FFP-0.7]
PCI NAS-01G (FW: Encore ENNHD-1000 4.10)
PCI NAS-01G (FW: OpenNAS 1.9]
Pages: 1 [2]