• April 28, 2024, 12:32:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Bridge mode: solid orange and blue LED lights during inital setup  (Read 4941 times)

msgclb

• Level 1 Member

I have a DAP-1522 that is set to AP mode and connected to a D-Link DI-604 router. I believe this DAP-1522 is operating properly because I can access a wireless printer. It is set to visible using WPA-Personal security mode.

My problem is with a recently purchase DAP-1522 that is set to BRIDGE mode. Using the Push Button Setup I have placed the units near each other. When I apply power the lights cycle then along with the power LED light I get both a solid orange LED light and solid blue LED light.

The blue LED AP light never goes out and the orange LED BRIDGE light never flashes. I've waited for an extended period of time.

Is there a solution to this problem?

[Solved]
I was reading some other thread and that gave me an idea.

I connected the power to my DAP-1522 Bridge and connected the blue cable that comes with the unit to a wired switch in my network. After a minute or so the blue AP LED went out and the orange BRIDGE LED started to flash. I then followed the steps outlined in the Push Button Setup. When that looked successful I then connected the DAP-1522 Bridge to a computer that was connected to the above mentioned switch. I then was able to established wireless internet service with this computer.

I then moved the DAP-1522 Bridge to its intended location. After some anxious moments I was able to connect to the internet using the wireless connection.

As I make this update I think it is working!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 08:03:51 PM by msgclb »