• April 16, 2024, 02:49:50 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Help with sound detection  (Read 2953 times)

Dvz

• Level 1 Member
Help with sound detection
« on: December 09, 2016, 12:05:09 AM »

Hi. Just bought this camera under the impression that it would work like a baby monitor in the sense that you set it up and then when the sound gets to a certain level you can hear it on your phone.

Instead I am forced to leave the background noise on and listen to terrible hissing. I don't want a notification. I just want it to work like a normal monitor ie crying loud enough triggers the sound to play on my phone through the app.

If anyone knows of a way I can do this it would be appreciated. It appears that alot of people are unhappy with this Monitor particularly the app and its bad functionality.

I tried to contact dlink and they just told me to re install the app and it should work how I I tend but I've installed it on 5 devices and its always the same I have to leave background noise on and listen to static.

Even if the notifications worked properly it would not be enough to wake me Up. Baby screaming works alot better.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Help with sound detection
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 02:26:17 PM »

Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

johnsfunds

• Level 1 Member
Re: Help with sound detection
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 11:23:31 PM »

MAKE SURE YOU CLOSE the APP COMPLETELY !   :O)
- Ive noticed if its running in the background... or in the foreground sometimes you won't get any chime-rings-notifications...

You should be able to set this up no prob - I get a notifications when there is loud sound, or movement works for me...

1) make sure you turn ON notifications on your phone for both of these apps
2) setup dlinks cloud service and
3) make sure to setup PUSH Notification within the mydlink-Lite app using the top-left hand icon
 - do not click on your camera after opening the mydlink-Lite app
 - the PUSH Notification option is tucked away in app-settings NOT the camera settings...
 - once you find and turn on notifications in the app-settings (NOT camera setting)
4) then MAKE SURE YOU CLOSE THE APP !

I use both dlink apps.
mydlinkBaby and also mydlinkLite

one of them works great accessing the recorded videos and both of them will give you notifications
but I feel like the "mydlink Lite" may work better for the notifications...
and mydlinkBaby, will let you play the sound in the background, and feels a bit more stable sometimes

Also please make note if you upgrade to new v1.08 it may mess up your easy-local viewing capabilities if so dont freak just keep using apps for notifications and then use VLC to quickly open video stream :O)
- see here http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=66020.0

Later