• March 29, 2024, 02:46:09 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: mydlink Lite doesn't work over 3G / 4G connection? possible solution inside!  (Read 24520 times)

peon2t

• Level 1 Member

A lot of users experience the problem that the mydlink lite app on their Android or iOS devices doesn't connect when using a mobile connection while it connects perfectly when using WiFi.

This is also the reson for hundreds if not thousands of negative comments in the Google Play Store.

Now I had exactly the same problem and it took me quite a while to get to the solution. Because if you search on the web, you'll find a lot of people having the problem but only a few hidden spots where the solution is mentioned.

This is why I make this posting - in the hope, that other people having the problem don't have to search for a long time.

Problem description: connecting to your cameras via mydlink lite App doesn't work on mobile network (3G / 4G etc.) but it does work on WiFi

Possible cause of problem: Probably your mobile provider uses APN settings that aren't compatible with this App. Usually there is some Proxy involved which distrubs the data connection.

Possible solution: Change the APN settings on your mobile phone. Most mobile providers give you the possibility to NOT use their Proxy even if using the Proxy is the default setting. Since the 'right' settings differ from provider to provider, I can't give you a general solution that works on every network, but the support of your mobile provider should gladly give you the desired information.
On most providers networks it should be sufficient to just delete proxy server and proxy port. (Attention: memorize the 'original' settings before you change something so that you'd be able to set it back -  because just deleting proxy server and port can lead to a loss of mobile internet connection on some providers networks!)

jepz

• Level 2 Member

Doesn't work n Mydlink NAS mobile...WiFi OK...3G/4G not...says that FW needs to be upgraded..
Deleted Proxy in APN in Android, tested with another apn and nothing....more a bug thats gonna exist forever and never be solved.

Updating...
Just restarted the NAS and now acessing My Dlink NAS mobile via 3G/4G...wierd.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 02:59:09 AM by jepz »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic

Updating...
Just restarted the NAS and now acessing My Dlink NAS mobile via 3G/4G...wierd.

Issue resolved?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

lucanorillo

• Level 1 Member

I have the same problem. Over wifi all is fine, in 3G or 4G dont works!!! Any solution?
DNS-320

happyhere

• Level 3 Member

here's my solution when I am not able to connect via 3G/4G/LTE
  - enable VPN , then this is the only way I can watch

however, sometimes the 3G/4G is working fine without VPN.. so not really sure what is the issue.

Dayanand

• Level 1 Member

Hi,

Facing the same problem of not being able to access Live View on Android phone with Dlinklite app.

In the google play store, it is mentioned against Dlinklite app.

"* The mydlink Lite app is dynamically linked to the FFmpeg shared video decoding library, which is compiled to contain LGPL decoders and splitters only. The repository can be cloned from git://github.com/dlinker/mydlink-Lite---Android.git using the git clone command."

What does that mean, and what do I need to enable this feature, coz I have been trying to access live view
using the lite app, but I do not get any live images.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting

I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this. We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
Let us know how it goes please.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member

Hi,

Facing the same problem of not being able to access Live View on Android phone with Dlinklite app.

In the google play store, it is mentioned against Dlinklite app.

"* The mydlink Lite app is dynamically linked to the FFmpeg shared video decoding library, which is compiled to contain LGPL decoders and splitters only. The repository can be cloned from git://github.com/dlinker/mydlink-Lite---Android.git using the git clone command."

What does that mean, and what do I need to enable this feature, coz I have been trying to access live view
using the lite app, but I do not get any live images.

Which version of Android are you using?  Which phone?

Does it work at home on wifi?

gthatch

• Level 1 Member

Make sure you DID NOT turn off "Cellular Data" under the app settings directly OR under cellular data category directly.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting

Hope this helps future users.  ::)
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.