• April 24, 2024, 11:26:37 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: SharePort Network USB Utility v0.94---problem!  (Read 7090 times)

adidas99

SharePort Network USB Utility v0.94---problem!
« on: October 04, 2008, 09:56:32 PM »

I updated the firmware and all went well but after i install the usb utility and then try to run it I get a blue screen memory dump... and this is on 2 different computers both dell xps running win xp mce... anyone have any of these problems??

FuriaRi0T

Re: SharePort Network USB Utility v0.94---problem!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 11:18:18 AM »

Actually, yes. It worked 100% a-okay on my XP pro machine. When I installed it on my laptop using Vista Home Preimum (32-bit base) it did the exact same thing.

I system restored it, and downgraded to the 1.12 firmware for now.

Wal_

• Product Managment
  • Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 11:19:12 AM »

I updated the firmware and all went well but after i install the usb utility and then try to run it I get a blue screen memory dump... and this is on 2 different computers both dell xps running win xp mce... anyone have any of these problems??

What router are you using? What device are you trying to connect to via SharePort, which OS? XP 32 or 64? Vista 32 or 64?
The production of too many useful things results in too many useless people.

FuriaRi0T

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 01:43:03 PM »

For me, it's the DGL-4500... hense the fourm purpose. My 32-bit XP Pro machine (wired) works fine with sharepoint.

The laptop is 32-bit Vista Home Premium (wireless). Whenever the program is installed onto the Vista machine, even before I log into the user account, it BSOD mem-dumps. I'm assuming it's something similar to adidas99's problem.