• April 19, 2024, 07:45:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: VPN connection via LAN port?  (Read 4373 times)

ruler

• Level 1 Member
VPN connection via LAN port?
« on: May 03, 2011, 06:45:35 AM »

Greetings...

I just purchased a DIR-130 for it's VPN capability.  I followed the instructions in Section 2 of the Installation document entitled, "Connect to Another Router".  I can communicate with the DIR-130 and have configured a VPN connection.

However, when I'm at the remote site and try to establish a VPN connection the client (THEGREENBOW) sends the phase1 message and the DIR-130 never responds.  I am unable to establish any VPN connection when I try to connect using the IP address associated with the LAN port on the router.

The DIR-130 is in the DMZ on my network.

Is this functionality (VPN to a LAN port) not supported?  Do I have to set my DSL modem in bridge mode so it can connect to the WAN port on the DIR-130 for the VPN to work?

My DSL modem (Actiontec Q1000) has a DHCP server, supports wireless 802.11n networking, port forwarding, DMZ hosting, NAT, firewall, and all the website blocking and scheduling access.  I don't want to loose all this functionality by putting it in bridge mode so the DIR-130 can establish the PPPoE connection through the WAN port.

Please help!  Is there any way to use the DIR-130 as another switch on my existing network and establish a VPN connection to it?

Thanks...

Joe

shalodge

• Level 1 Member
Re: VPN connection via LAN port?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 04:15:39 AM »

The VPN is on the WAN interface .. you cannot connect to it on the LAN interface.