The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DWA-542

DWA-548/DWA-525 Driver problems with Dell Optilplex 9020 Windows 7

(1/3) > >>

kronos212:
Having a problem when the drivers are installed into the OptilPlex 9020 with Windows 7 installed (x32, x64 makes no difference). The screen flashes a rainbow of colors for about 20-30 seconds and then the PC would shutoff. Upon reboot, I have video during the Welcome message and right before the logon screen appears, which I am thinking that is when the drivers get loaded,  it flashes the colors again. I can boot into safe mode and delete the drivers and everything works. but when I re-install the drivers, error reappears.

I did a fresh install of Windows 7 Pro x64 with no other drivers. Installed this card and as soon as the drivers are installed I experienced the same problem.

I've been installing these cards into Dell Optixplex 520/620 but they have been Windows XP. I did installed them into a Optiplex 780 which is Windows 7 and it works perfectly.

The 9020 has two PCIE 16x and one PCIE1x. The card was in all three slots and I still have the error once the drivers have been installed. I have many 9020's and the error replicates on four systems that had the card installed.

Problem only occurs on the 9020

I have a ticket open with DLink and the person handling my case passed this information to head quarters and for me to post this information on the forums.

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What drivers are you using? CD or web drivers?
* Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
* What region are you located?
If the cards work on other PC HW and not on this one particular PC model, I presume there maybe an incompatibility issue with this PC HW. You've proven that the cards work with XP and Windows 7 on other PC HW.

kronos212:
I used the drivers provided on the disc and the web drivers. If I recall, they were both the same version.

DWA-548 wireless card shows F/W Ver.: 1.01
DWA-525 wireless card shows F/W Ver.: 1.20

I'm in the United States.

FurryNutz:
For the 525 I see v1.23 just relesed a short time ago.
For the 548 I see v1.02 available last year...

Have these been tried?

kronos212:
The drivers for the 525 wasn't updated as of last month when I was troubleshooting this problem. I downloaded those and installed them and as of right now I can not replicate the failure. However, when I was first working on this last month, it wasn't a 100% failure; maybe around 90%. One day I changed something and it worked. Came in the next day and it was failing again.

I'll continue to power cycle the PC to see if the failure will replicate.

I have been using the 1.02 drivers for the 548.

Does the driver package also include any updated firmware?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version