• March 29, 2024, 07:37:15 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR 655 will not reset or startup  (Read 3481 times)

alanp1963

• Level 1 Member
DIR 655 will not reset or startup
« on: August 14, 2009, 08:08:17 AM »

I've had my 655 for 1.5  years and it has worked fine, until now. Last night my home network lost all connectivity to my cable modem (both wired and wireless). I verified the cable modem was not the problem by directly connecting my laptop to the modem and successfully connecting to the internet.
I noticed the only  lights on the front of the router were the power lite and the WAN light ( which was blinking). No wireless lite or gigE port lites were illuminated and  I was unable to connect to the administrative web interface via a browser.
I tried power cycling the router, same problem , only the power lite and blinking WAN lite were illuminated. Next I tried the hard reset button on the back of the oruter.. same thing.

I'm thinking its' dead  and because it's over a year old, out of warranty.  Looks like I'm SOL?

Looking for some opinions.

Thanks.

Alan

lizzi555

• Level 5 Member
Re: DIR 655 will not reset or startup
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 10:19:51 AM »

If the switchpart doesn't work anymore it is most likely the device itself.
But if you have, you can try another power supply (5V / 3A). At least here in Europe it is one of the most causes for such a strange router behavior.

If not : RIP

Demonized

• Level 4 Member
Re: DIR 655 will not reset or startup
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 12:49:21 PM »

You still can contact Dlink. Eventhough the warranty is officially ended, a lifespan of 1.5 years is not what a consumer may expect from a device like this. You have a very good chance of still getting some warranty.