• March 18, 2024, 09:12:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: DCS-933L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 72862 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
DCS-933L - Firmware Wishlist
« on: August 29, 2013, 08:37:42 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-933L Wishlist

• TBD

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

diycam

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-933L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 01:48:01 AM »

I like some of he recent firmware  mods in DCS-942 ... for the DCS-933L and DCS-932L  as well.

1-->>  IR illuminator control features. --

I have same problem with window reflecting IR. With  enough background lighting the sensitive IR camera does not need the illuminator. Plus I can put a  more powerful IR illuminator in a separate place if needed

2-->>  IR filter control feature --

There is an electro mechanical  IR/Day filter slide in front of the camera sensor. That filter has two different sides that automatically shifts/clicks  when you select day/night mode -- It would be nice to have option to be able to control that apart from Day/Nght mode...  of course that should probably be on an Advanced tab with factory reset option.

3-->> Add finer Motion Detection block selection.

If the Motion detection blocks were all just quartered ( 1/4) then that would give much greater tuning of motion detection  area.

**IDEALLY** : I would like to either add and slide smaller blocks around in position or drop and  resize blocks rectangles or BEST.. free draw a line around the areas I want to detect motion (or block out). Define my own blocks/blobs. One area that I am detecting outside window has lots of foot traffic, objects,  bushes and trees and I would like to detect what is happening near side of the trees, bushes and objects but not beyond or other side. The camera field of view and large motion detection blocks prevents positioning camera optimally for this type of motion detection.

4-->> Auto camera light exposure settings ?

Like on the digital cameras that have auto exposure settings for {evaluative, spot, centered, etc..} because I am having trouble with bright areas in image causing overexposure and the dark area being under exposed. I have tried many different Bright / Contrast / Saturation combinations to no avail however going to Night mode seems to help more but IR illuminator issue) Is there a way to fix this ?

4.1>> More camera exposure settings options

Standard camera or Image style settings such as Color temp, Tint, Sharpness, etc ...

5-->> Magnification Image Panning ability ??

I assume magnification is digital ??? if so then would it be possible to have a pan image option while using the magnification buttons ? currently it magnifies just the center of image and you lose the outer edges that you may be more interested in. NOTE this is just image panning suggestion NOT a camera panning suggestion.

6-->> Add Automatic get time from a computer setting or use last known time ?

We get frequent power  fluctuations and the cameras reset their time dates to 1/1/2013 00:00:00. So the year is kept but month day and time all get reset to beginning and then I have to  go back and reset them. We have NO local NTP server setup and that port/service is  blocked by routers or firewalls

7-->> notification or  summary e-mail for accesses/attempts to camera

8-->> Display wireless signal strength on camera web  status page

9-->> Include more items on the status page (e.g. FTP, email, uptime, total uptime, etc.)

10-->> Motion detection indicator on the web interface to aid user in  adjusting the proper  sensitivity.

It is trial and error  currently  with frequent inundation with e-mail notifications

11-->> prevent motion detection just when camera switches from day to night mode

Thanks

stoneface

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 12:31:41 AM »

I would like a larger dead band for the IR switching, so it will not switch over so readily. My indoor cameras swap between day mode and night mode when a cloud passes by (changes room ambient light) and alert me twice. When motion detection is off and sound detection is on (even set to 90 dB) I often get an alert from the internal click. The pictures are not too dark or too light when it switches.

I have three just-arrived 933L cameras.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 12:34:53 AM by stoneface »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 06:34:24 AM »

I would like a larger dead band for the IR switching, so it will not switch over so readily. My indoor cameras swap between day mode and night mode when a cloud passes by (changes room ambient light) and alert me twice. When motion detection is off and sound detection is on (even set to 90 dB) I often get an alert from the internal click. The pictures are not too dark or too light when it switches.

Recent firmware releases on other D-Link Cloud cameras contained a fix that improved the judgement logic used for the day/night transitions. Hopefully that improvement will soon work it's way into the DCS-933L as well.

HWAM

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 03:33:16 AM »

Please fix the false detections in night mode. One of the 6 photos is sometimes scrambled due to a strange bug. In the movie you can see a black frame. Sensitivity adjustment is no solution. I cannot make it work.
If only a few frames are different it’s not a motion.  >:(

And please add the rotation of the cam. My cam is 90 degrees rotated.
 :)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 05:47:09 AM »

I like some of he recent firmware  mods in DCS-942 ... for the DCS-933L and DCS-932L  as well.

1-->>  IR illuminator control features. --

I have same problem with window reflecting IR. With  enough background lighting the sensitive IR camera does not need the illuminator. Plus I can put a  more powerful IR illuminator in a separate place if needed

2-->>  IR filter control feature --

There is an electro mechanical  IR/Day filter slide in front of the camera sensor. That filter has two different sides that automatically shifts/clicks  when you select day/night mode -- It would be nice to have option to be able to control that apart from Day/Nght mode...  of course that should probably be on an Advanced tab with factory reset option.

3-->> Add finer Motion Detection block selection.

If the Motion detection blocks were all just quartered ( 1/4) then that would give much greater tuning of motion detection  area.

**IDEALLY** : I would like to either add and slide smaller blocks around in position or drop and  resize blocks rectangles or BEST.. free draw a line around the areas I want to detect motion (or block out). Define my own blocks/blobs. One area that I am detecting outside window has lots of foot traffic, objects,  bushes and trees and I would like to detect what is happening near side of the trees, bushes and objects but not beyond or other side. The camera field of view and large motion detection blocks prevents positioning camera optimally for this type of motion detection.

4-->> Auto camera light exposure settings ?

Like on the digital cameras that have auto exposure settings for {evaluative, spot, centered, etc..} because I am having trouble with bright areas in image causing overexposure and the dark area being under exposed. I have tried many different Bright / Contrast / Saturation combinations to no avail however going to Night mode seems to help more but IR illuminator issue) Is there a way to fix this ?

4.1>> More camera exposure settings options

Standard camera or Image style settings such as Color temp, Tint, Sharpness, etc ...

5-->> Magnification Image Panning ability ??

I assume magnification is digital ??? if so then would it be possible to have a pan image option while using the magnification buttons ? currently it magnifies just the center of image and you lose the outer edges that you may be more interested in. NOTE this is just image panning suggestion NOT a camera panning suggestion.

6-->> Add Automatic get time from a computer setting or use last known time ?

We get frequent power  fluctuations and the cameras reset their time dates to 1/1/2013 00:00:00. So the year is kept but month day and time all get reset to beginning and then I have to  go back and reset them. We have NO local NTP server setup and that port/service is  blocked by routers or firewalls

7-->> notification or  summary e-mail for accesses/attempts to camera

8-->> Display wireless signal strength on camera web  status page

9-->> Include more items on the status page (e.g. FTP, email, uptime, total uptime, etc.)

10-->> Motion detection indicator on the web interface to aid user in  adjusting the proper  sensitivity.

It is trial and error  currently  with frequent inundation with e-mail notifications

11-->> prevent motion detection just when camera switches from day to night mode

Thanks

Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 05:47:28 AM »

Added...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 05:49:57 AM »

. . . please add the rotation of the cam. My cam is 90 degrees rotated.

Added...  ;)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 05:52:32 AM by JavaLawyer »

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2013, 05:52:15 AM »

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-933L Wishlist

• Image Settings - Option to adjust attributes such as color temperature, tine, and sharpness
  • Image Settings - Option to adjust image orientation (in 90 degree intervals) to accommodate sideways/upside down camera mounting
  • Live Video - Add digital pan option while using magnification
  • Motion Detection - Add finer motion detection block selection (i.e. smaller blocks)
  • Motion Detection - Add option to test settings to aid sensititivy adjustment
  • Motion Detection - Improve Day/Night mode switching judgement to avoid false motion detection events from Day/Night mode transitions
  • Night Mode - Option to disable the IR illumuninator
  • Night Mode - Option to independently control the IR filter when the camera apart from Day/Night mode switching
  • Security - Email logs indicating access and access attempts
  • Settings - Date/Time - Option to automatically obtain time from local PC or last known time (for secure networks that block external NTP servers)
  • Settings - Status - Display wireless signal strength of camera web UI status page
  • Settings - Status - Display additional status attributes such as FTP, email, uptime, total uptime, etc

• TBD

ddubbs

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2013, 10:38:41 AM »

A VLC/FFMPEG option would be nice!  This H264 implementation in flv wrapper is choppy/unreliable/poorly executed via VLC or even flash player itself.  The FFMPEG w/ audio is supported on some D-Link models, why not this one?

AgnesStrump

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2013, 06:45:35 PM »

I would love to see separate Image settings for day and night modes, for the Brightness, Contrast and Saturation settings.

In night mode, I set the contrast to +3 to get a clear image. But during day mode, this is a little washed out and requires setting back to contrast 0.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2013, 06:11:55 AM »

A VLC/FFMPEG option would be nice!  This H264 implementation in flv wrapper is choppy/unreliable/poorly executed via VLC or even flash player itself.  The FFMPEG w/ audio is supported on some D-Link models, why not this one?

Added to wishlist  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2013, 06:12:15 AM »

I would love to see separate Image settings for day and night modes, for the Brightness, Contrast and Saturation settings.

In night mode, I set the contrast to +3 to get a clear image. But during day mode, this is a little washed out and requires setting back to contrast 0.

Added to wishlist  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2013, 06:12:48 AM »

DNS-933L Wishlist

• Image Settings - Option to adjust attributes such as color temperature, tine, and sharpness
  • Image Settings - Option to adjust image orientation (in 90 degree intervals) to accommodate sideways/upside down camera mounting
  • Image Settings - Separate image settings for day and night modes[/color]
  • Live Video - Add digital pan option while using magnification
  • Motion Detection - Add finer motion detection block selection (i.e. smaller blocks)
  • Motion Detection - Add option to test settings to aid sensititivy adjustment
  • Motion Detection - Improve Day/Night mode switching judgement to avoid false motion detection events from Day/Night mode transitions
  • Night Mode - Option to disable the IR illumuninator
  • Night Mode - Option to independently control the IR filter when the camera apart from Day/Night mode switching
  • Security - Email logs indicating access and access attempts
  • Settings - Date/Time - Option to automatically obtain time from local PC or last known time (for secure networks that block external NTP servers)
  • Settings - Status - Display wireless signal strength of camera web UI status page
  • Settings - Status - Display additional status attributes such as FTP, email, uptime, total uptime, etc
  • Video - VLC/FFMPEG option

• TBD

TheGuardian

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2014, 04:20:34 AM »

I would really LOVE to see RTSP on this cam.
Since it is a cam and it does record, i think RTSP should be just an extra part of code.
Could really use it because i want to record to my NAS, which needs RTSP
Pages: [1] 2 3