• March 19, 2024, 02:58:56 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: DCS-933L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 72868 times)

francbad

• Level 1 Member
Re: DCS-933L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2014, 06:48:39 AM »

Hello,

One big issue is the noise detection on switch from night/day mode.

The camera make noise when switching mode and this noise is detected by the noise detection system.

It would be nice that during a switching such noise detection would be pause until the end of the procedure.

in other word the camera is scarying it self .....

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2014, 07:37:52 AM »

Hello,

One big issue is the noise detection on switch from night/day mode.

The camera make noise when switching mode and this noise is detected by the noise detection system.

It would be nice that during a switching such noise detection would be pause until the end of the procedure.

in other word the camera is scarying it self .....

Do you have motion detection on as well or just sound?  I'm asking b/c the switch between day/night for motion detection causes false events.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2015, 10:28:50 AM »

The following DCS-933L Firmware Wishlist contains the collective suggestions provided by the D-Link forum community, and may not reflect actual changes to current or future firmware releases. If you would like to contribute to this list, please post your suggestions as a reply to this thread.

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in green.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-933L Wishlist

• General - RTSP Support
  • Image Settings - Option to adjust attributes such as color temperature, tine, and sharpness
  • Image Settings - Option to adjust image orientation (in 90 degree intervals) to accommodate sideways/upside down camera mounting
  • Image Settings - Separate image settings for day and night modes
  • Live Video - Add digital pan option while using magnification
  • Motion Detection - Ability to save a different motion detection schedule for each day of the week
  • Motion Detection - Add finer motion detection block selection (i.e. smaller blocks)
  • Motion Detection - Add option to test settings to aid sensitivity adjustment
  • Motion Detection - Improve Day/Night mode switching judgement to avoid false motion detection events from Day/Night mode transitions
  • Motion Detection - Improve logic to exclude suspended dust/particulates from triggering motion detection events
  • Night Mode - Option to disable the IR illumuninator
  • Night Mode - Option to independently control the IR filter when the camera apart from Day/Night mode switching
  • Security - Email logs indicating access and access attempts
  • Settings - Date/Time - Option to automatically obtain time from local PC or last known time (for secure networks that block external NTP servers)
  • Settings - Status - Display wireless signal strength of camera web UI status page
  • Settings - Status - Display additional status attributes such as FTP, email, uptime, total uptime, etc
  • Video - VLC/FFMPEG option

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• [BUG] Motion Detection - Intermittent image artifacts trigger false motion detection events

Gianca90

• Level 1 Member
  • 2x DCS 933L
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2015, 02:23:12 AM »

Perfect whishlist... Only one thing to add; this happens to me, I don't know if It appens also to you!

When I set motion detection start manually at ex 9:00 AM I always receive an email of motion detection when it starts! Every day I will receive an email at 9:00
1) so this as bug to fix in the whish list

and

2) Option to have like an "Armed" or "Not Armed" status in the OSD of live view; to istantly know if motion detection is activate or not! This will reduce a lot of time to go in settings page and check it, expecially for slow connection!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2015, 04:35:58 AM »

Perfect whishlist... Only one thing to add; this happens to me, I don't know if It appens also to you!

When I set motion detection start manually at ex 9:00 AM I always receive an email of motion detection when it starts! Every day I will receive an email at 9:00
1) so this as bug to fix in the whish list

and

2) Option to have like an "Armed" or "Not Armed" status in the OSD of live view; to istantly know if motion detection is activate or not! This will reduce a lot of time to go in settings page and check it, expecially for slow connection!

Added to the firmware wishlist. . . ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2015, 04:37:08 AM »

The following DCS-933L Firmware Wishlist contains the collective suggestions provided by the D-Link forum community, and may not reflect actual changes to current or future firmware releases. If you would like to contribute to this list, please post your suggestions as a reply to this thread.

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in green.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-933L Wishlist

• General - RTSP Support
  • Image Settings - Option to adjust attributes such as color temperature, tine, and sharpness
  • Image Settings - Option to adjust image orientation (in 90 degree intervals) to accommodate sideways/upside down camera mounting
  • Image Settings - Separate image settings for day and night modes
  • Live Video - Add digital pan option while using magnification
  • Motion Detection - Ability to save a different motion detection schedule for each day of the week
  • Motion Detection - Add finer motion detection block selection (i.e. smaller blocks)
  • Motion Detection - Add option to test settings to aid sensitivity adjustment
  • Motion Detection - Add OSD message indicating "Motion Detection Enabled" (eliminates need to go into camera settings to validate)
  • Motion Detection - Improve Day/Night mode switching judgement to avoid false motion detection events from Day/Night mode transitions
  • Motion Detection - Improve logic to exclude suspended dust/particulates from triggering motion detection events
  • Motion Detection - Option to disable the daily email alert when motion detection is enabled at a predefined time each day (e.g. 9:00 AM daily email)
  • Night Mode - Option to disable the IR illumuninator
  • Night Mode - Option to independently control the IR filter when the camera apart from Day/Night mode switching
  • Security - Email logs indicating access and access attempts
  • Settings - Date/Time - Option to automatically obtain time from local PC or last known time (for secure networks that block external NTP servers)
  • Settings - Status - Display wireless signal strength of camera web UI status page
  • Settings - Status - Display additional status attributes such as FTP, email, uptime, total uptime, etc
  • Video - VLC/FFMPEG option

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• [BUG] Motion Detection - Intermittent image artifacts trigger false motion detection events
Pages: 1 2 [3]