• March 18, 2024, 10:28:15 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: DCS-933L - Firmware Wishlist  (Read 72864 times)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DCS-933L - Firmware Wishlist
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 04:29:36 AM »

I would really LOVE to see RTSP on this cam.
Since it is a cam and it does record, i think RTSP should be just an extra part of code.
Could really use it because i want to record to my NAS, which needs RTSP

Added to the firmware wishlist. . .  ;)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2014, 04:30:36 AM »

The following DNS-320 Firmware Wishlist contains the collective suggestions provided by the D-Link forum community, and may not reflect actual changes to current or future firmware releases. If you would like to contribute to this list, please post your suggestions as a reply to this thread.

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-933L Wishlist

• General - RTSP Suppport
  • Image Settings - Option to adjust attributes such as color temperature, tine, and sharpness
  • Image Settings - Option to adjust image orientation (in 90 degree intervals) to accommodate sideways/upside down camera mounting
  • Image Settings - Separate image settings for day and night modes
  • Live Video - Add digital pan option while using magnification
  • Motion Detection - Add finer motion detection block selection (i.e. smaller blocks)
  • Motion Detection - Add option to test settings to aid sensititivy adjustment
  • Motion Detection - Improve Day/Night mode switching judgement to avoid false motion detection events from Day/Night mode transitions
  • Night Mode - Option to disable the IR illumuninator
  • Night Mode - Option to independently control the IR filter when the camera apart from Day/Night mode switching
  • Security - Email logs indicating access and access attempts
  • Settings - Date/Time - Option to automatically obtain time from local PC or last known time (for secure networks that block external NTP servers)
  • Settings - Status - Display wireless signal strength of camera web UI status page
  • Settings - Status - Display additional status attributes such as FTP, email, uptime, total uptime, etc
  • Video - VLC/FFMPEG option

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

• TBD

Sad User

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2014, 04:07:20 PM »

I wish that D Link would fix the faulty motion detection issue that occurs for DCS-933L.  As I had commented in the other forum, this is resulting in close to 100 incorrect email notifications per day per camera.  This was not an issue earlier and also is not an issue for the DCS-932L models I have.  Without this fix, I have basically wasted my money and time going with dlink.

For others that are experiencing cases where you receive an email notification but where either the photos are showing no difference or where there is one photo out of the 6 that shows a static type image often with the left side of the screen showing on the right, this is an issue that has occurred for many.  I have tested this using two different DCS-933L units and both had the same problem.  I even got a new unit from best buy that also showed the same issue.  I had changed routers with still the same issue.  The case is where before I was able to us the units without this issue.  Also this issue does not occur when I use my DCS-932L units.

Note that I have reset, changed back to factory default, uploaded and reloaded firmware all with the same issue.  The DLink technical support line was also very much a waste of my time with after an hour of explaining the effort they gave me a case number and told me that they could not resolve but that it would get communicated within DLink.

I strongly recommend that people do not buy DCS-933L units until this issue is resolved.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2014, 11:58:41 AM »

I wish that D Link would fix the faulty motion detection issue that occurs for DCS-933L.  As I had commented in the other forum, this is resulting in close to 100 incorrect email notifications per day per camera.  This was not an issue earlier and also is not an issue for the DCS-932L models I have.  Without this fix, I have basically wasted my money and time going with dlink.

For others that are experiencing cases where you receive an email notification but where either the photos are showing no difference or where there is one photo out of the 6 that shows a static type image often with the left side of the screen showing on the right, this is an issue that has occurred for many.  I have tested this using two different DCS-933L units and both had the same problem.  I even got a new unit from best buy that also showed the same issue.  I had changed routers with still the same issue.  The case is where before I was able to us the units without this issue.  Also this issue does not occur when I use my DCS-932L units.

Note that I have reset, changed back to factory default, uploaded and reloaded firmware all with the same issue.  The DLink technical support line was also very much a waste of my time with after an hour of explaining the effort they gave me a case number and told me that they could not resolve but that it would get communicated within DLink.

I strongly recommend that people do not buy DCS-933L units until this issue is resolved.

Added to the firmware wishlist. . .   ;)

Related thread: DCS-931L - new 931L, old problem

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2014, 12:02:24 PM »

The following DNS-320 Firmware Wishlist contains the collective suggestions provided by the D-Link forum community, and may not reflect actual changes to current or future firmware releases. If you would like to contribute to this list, please post your suggestions as a reply to this thread.

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-933L Wishlist

• General - RTSP Suppport
  • Image Settings - Option to adjust attributes such as color temperature, tine, and sharpness
  • Image Settings - Option to adjust image orientation (in 90 degree intervals) to accommodate sideways/upside down camera mounting
  • [BUG] Motion Detection - Intermittent image artifacts trigger false motion detection events
  • Motion Detection - Add finer motion detection block selection (i.e. smaller blocks)
  • Motion Detection - Add option to test settings to aid sensititivy adjustment
  • Motion Detection - Improve Day/Night mode switching judgement to avoid false motion detection events from Day/Night mode transitions
  • Night Mode - Option to independently control the IR filter when the camera apart from Day/Night mode switching
  • Settings - Date/Time - Option to automatically obtain time from local PC or last known time (for secure networks that block external NTP servers)
  • Settings - Status - Display wireless signal strength of camera web UI status page
  • Settings - Status - Display additional status attributes such as FTP, email, uptime, total uptime, etc

• TBD

flyflyflyfly

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2014, 06:00:09 AM »

I wish to have the motion/sound detection schedule more differentiable. So that I can set the hours for each day differently. As we are having a camera in our office that should just be triggered when there is no one in the office, what is at different hours on weekdays than on the weekend.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2014, 02:19:48 PM »

I wish to have the motion/sound detection schedule more differentiable. So that I can set the hours for each day differently. As we are having a camera in our office that should just be triggered when there is no one in the office, what is at different hours on weekdays than on the weekend.

Added to the firmware wishlist...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2014, 02:21:34 PM »

DNS-933L Wishlist

• General - RTSP Support
  • [BUG] Motion Detection - Intermittent image artifacts trigger false motion detection events
  • Motion Detection - Ability to save a different motion detection schedule for each day of the week
  • Motion Detection - Add option to test settings to aid sensitivity adjustment

• TBD

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2014, 12:36:27 PM »

Good news. At least one user of the new v1.03b08 firmware has reported that this latest firmware has corrected the image artifacts that caused false motion detection triggers in earlier firmware versions.

If you installed this latest firmware, please post your findings!  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2014, 10:23:56 AM »

Issue resolved: [BUG] Motion Detection - Intermittent image artifacts trigger false motion detection events

Removing from Wishlist...   ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2014, 10:24:30 AM »

DNS-933L Wishlist

• General - RTSP Support
  • Motion Detection - Ability to save a different motion detection schedule for each day of the week

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2014, 06:52:05 AM »

Please post a reply if you know of any items in this wishlist that were already addressed in recent firmware updates!

nitro980

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2014, 04:16:18 PM »

Like my experience (refer to this post) motion detection detect the dust grains when is on night mode...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2014, 09:47:34 AM »

Like my experience (refer to this post) motion detection detect the dust grains when is on night mode...

Added to the firmware wishlist...  ;)

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2014, 09:48:45 AM »

DNS-933L Wishlist

• General - RTSP Support
  • Motion Detection - Improve logic to exclude suspended dust/particulates from triggering motion detection events

Pages: 1 [2] 3