• March 28, 2024, 05:24:39 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Daisy-chaining DGS-1800 and DGS-108 breaks internet  (Read 3330 times)

Ftracy3

• Level 1 Member
Daisy-chaining DGS-1800 and DGS-108 breaks internet
« on: February 12, 2022, 05:07:11 PM »

Hi, Am having an odd situation since a new Frontier Arris router for Frontier Gig internet service. Previously I had an Actiontech and did not have this problem. Here's the setup:

I have a D-link DGS-108 switch connected to the router. various local peripherals are plugged in, they work fine. Then I run a long cable from that switch to another D-link Switch, DGS 1800-G which has various entertainment devices plugged in. That connection breaks the internet connection on the router itself. I get no access on any device and the internet symbol on the router turns red. Unplugging the second D-link and the internet comes back on.

Strangely, when I take that same long cable to the second D-link and instead plug it directly into the router and not into the first switch, everything works fine, so both switches CAN be plugged into the router at the same time, just not to each other.

So any thoughts on why plugging one switch into another (that worked fine previously with a different router) would shut down the internet at the router level?

To summarize:

Router---D-Link DGS 108: No problem

Router- D-Link DGS 108 AND 1800: G (separate rear ports on the router)--No problem

Router to D-Link DGS 108 TO DGs 1800G: No internet

Thanks for any advice!

RickHarley

• Level 1 Member
Re: Daisy-chaining DGS-1800 and DGS-108 breaks internet
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2022, 05:01:22 AM »

Every entrepreneur should use this formula as a tool because it informs you about the minimum performance your business must achieve to avoid losing money. Furthermore, it helps you understand exactly where your profits come from, so you can set production goals accordingly. Here are the three most common reasons to conduct a break-even analysis: Determine profitability. This is generally every business owner’s highest interest. Ask yourself: How much revenue do I need to generate to cover all my expenses? Which products or services turn a profit, and which ones are sold at a loss? Price a product or service. When most people think about pricing, they consider how much their product costs to create by https://mlsdev.com/blog/ehr-development and how competitors are pricing their products. Ask yourself: What are the fixed rates, what are the variable costs, and what is the total cost? What is the cost of any physical goods? What is the cost of labor? Analyze the data. What volumes of goods or services do you have to sell to be profitable? Ask yourself: How can I reduce my overall fixed costs? How can I reduce the variable costs per unit? How can I improve sales?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2022, 04:49:46 AM by RickHarley »