• April 26, 2024, 11:53:33 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Recently Setup DSC-930L and have use and access questions  (Read 5489 times)

RDK45

• Level 2 Member
Recently Setup DSC-930L and have use and access questions
« on: November 24, 2011, 07:06:59 AM »

Folks.....Set this camera up a few weeks ago, but then got busy with other things.  In reviewing my notes and memory I have several questions and, if I'm posing them in the wrong forum, give me an attitude adjustment and I will move/repost them:

1. Is there a general URL I can give to friends and family to view my camera?

2. Can I embed my camera video image in my own webpage.  Years ago I had an app called Webcam32 which use JAVA and allowed this.

3. If I want to FTP a single image at a specific time (or times) during the day, can this be done and how do I do it?

4. If I need or want to move the camera from one subnet to another in our network, can I do that without removing the camera from MyDLink?  If yes, is there a procedure I need to follow?

5. I'm currently in Europe but will eventually be returning to America, what will be required to move the camera?  I've noticed that the URL to access MyDLink starts with EU (http://eu.mydlink.com//?mydlink_no=########&lang=english).  Is that also why I get Certificate Errors/Warnings in IE?

6.  Is the camera sending images all the time to MyDLink or are they being pulled only when someone is actually viewing it on my MyDLink page?

Thanks in advance for  you comments.....RDK

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Recently Setup DSC-930L and have use and access questions
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 08:17:15 AM »

Folks.....Set this camera up a few weeks ago, but then got busy with other things.  In reviewing my notes and memory I have several questions and, if I'm posing them in the wrong forum, give me an attitude adjustment and I will move/repost them:

1. Is there a general URL I can give to friends and family to view my camera?

2. Can I embed my camera video image in my own webpage.  Years ago I had an app called Webcam32 which use JAVA and allowed this.

3. If I want to FTP a single image at a specific time (or times) during the day, can this be done and how do I do it?

4. If I need or want to move the camera from one subnet to another in our network, can I do that without removing the camera from MyDLink?  If yes, is there a procedure I need to follow?

5. I'm currently in Europe but will eventually be returning to America, what will be required to move the camera?  I've noticed that the URL to access MyDLink starts with EU (http://eu.mydlink.com//?mydlink_no=########&lang=english).  Is that also why I get Certificate Errors/Warnings in IE?

6.  Is the camera sending images all the time to MyDLink or are they being pulled only when someone is actually viewing it on my MyDLink page?

Thanks in advance for  you comments.....RDK

1. Yes, http://www.mydlink.com. You can view the DCS-930L video feed within your network via this address: http://[CAMERA_IP_ADDRESSh/mjpeg.cgi

2. Yes. Log into the web interface and navigate to LIVE VIDEO. Activate the live video and use your browser to view the source code. Next copy the relevant code snippet for your webpage.

3. Yes. Log into the web interface and navigate to SETUP > FTP. This page will contain an option to schedule an FTP image transfer at a specific time and frequency.

4. I haven't tried this.

5. The U.S. URL is http://www.mydlink.com. You may have to reconfigure the camera to re-register the camera.

6. The DCS-930L is always broadcasting, but doesn't stream unless a client requests a feed.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

RDK45

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 10:43:44 AM »

JavaLawyer....Many thanks for the info.  I'll try this out when I get another couple minutes to rub together....RDK

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 03:24:40 PM »

No problem. . . Please post your results as I am curious about some of the questions regarding moving the DCS-932L between different networks.  ???
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

RDK45

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 12:57:28 AM »

JavaLawyer.....OK, I will do.  However moving to another subnet (actually another floor here) is not on the near horizon.  The next thing is to set up a static address for the unit instead of DHCP.  Are there any issues relating to MyDLink access if I do that?  Other considerations?

Thanks.....RDK