• March 29, 2024, 12:34:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Files in motion detection recording to sd card  (Read 4792 times)

bobdrama

• Level 1 Member
Files in motion detection recording to sd card
« on: December 29, 2020, 11:58:08 AM »

Hello everyone,
New to this forum.   I have had the 5222l and I only used for viewing because it was sufficient for my needs.  Recently I went into motion detection and recording to the internal micro SD card.  In the event setup, I setup the server media and event.  In media I only selected ‘video clip’, in event I set the trigger to motion detection.  Everything seems to work fine, I get the *.mp4 file but I also get a jpg and log file which I did not ask for.  The log file is just a text file the says “Event : Motion detected”.  I find the jpg and log file to be unnecessary clutter.  Eating up space on the card.  Am I missing a setting?  Is it possible to turn off jpg and log files?
Also just curious, the manual says the maximum card capacity is 32gb, has anyone tried a higher capacity and still worked?
And there was no mention of this,  but I if understand the manual correctly,  once the card fills up, I have to erase it myself, it does not replace older recording on its own,  did I read this right?

Cheers

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: Files in motion detection recording to sd card
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 12:42:54 PM »

Is this the original 5222L or the newer 5222LB?

While those jpgs might be unnecessary clutter to you, they are useful in seeing a quick preview of what was captured, so you wouldn't have to watch a ton of video.  They hardly fill up the card.

Well depending on the model, I have plenty of 64 GB cards I could try to set up with either model.

bobdrama

• Level 1 Member
Re: Files in motion detection recording to sd card
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 02:05:37 PM »

Is this the original 5222L or the newer 5222LB?

While those jpgs might be unnecessary clutter to you, they are useful in seeing a quick preview of what was captured, so you wouldn't have to watch a ton of video.  They hardly fill up the card.

There are only a couple of jpg, those can be tolerated but I sometimes get dozens of log files and when  viewing the file list in a browser, a little annoying especially when the log file just says "motion detected". 

Well depending on the model, I have plenty of 64 GB cards I could try to set up with either model.

I got the LB1, and thanks for the offer but no need for you to go out of your way.  The question was more for anyone who actually tried it by chance.  Appreciate in learning anything you may find. Thanks.
By the way,  is it possible for windows to browse the sd card over the network?  Be nice if I could use windows explorer to view/edit the file list instead of using a browser.
Cheers