• March 29, 2024, 07:28:03 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: 5222L built-in web server with Chrome on linux - bug in webserver  (Read 8088 times)

jjd

• Level 1 Member

I just picked up a DCS-5222L.

When I visit the built-in web server from chrome on my linux machine and select "Live Video" I don't see live video and it says:

"Click here to download NCSPlugin and install. And then re-open your browser is recommended!!"

I clicked to download and it downloads a file called InstallCamCliCtrl.msi.  I didn't know what  InstallCamCliCtrl.msi was, but investigation suggests that a .msi file is some sort of Windows installer file.  This is useless on a non-Windows machine.

I do have the Java JRE installed and visiting:

http://java.com/en/download/testjava.jsp

Says that Java is working.

How can I view live video from the built-in web server from my non-Windows machine?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 01:09:57 PM by jjd »

Allen

• Level 2 Member
Re: 5222L built-in web server with Chrome on linux
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 09:27:50 PM »

As I know, DCS-5222L's Live View function of the built-in web server can't support Linux.

jjd

• Level 1 Member
Re: 5222L built-in web server with Chrome on linux - bad coding causes bug
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 01:08:35 PM »

As I know, DCS-5222L's Live View function of the built-in web server can't support Linux.

Well, I don't think that's true.

If I use Chrome's developer tools to set the browser's User-Agent string to "Firefox 7 -- Mac" then it works fine.  To me, this proves it is a bug in the built-in web server.

It's as if the built-in web server has some code that says:

if (this is a macintosh) {
   do some macintosh stuff;
} else {
   // this must be windows
   do windows stuff;
}

This would explain why it is suggesting I download a windows-only plugin on a non-windows system.

Hey D-Link: Can you fix this?

Thanks,

--jjd