• April 26, 2024, 02:02:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: ok I'm done  (Read 5055 times)

sjp777

• Level 1 Member
ok I'm done
« on: October 26, 2009, 10:21:17 PM »

the dap 1522 just took a header of the balcony into the ravine below. waste of $100. It has been a total nightmare from the day i bought it. it could not work for the 360, the directv dvr or the bluray. all it ever did was f*** up the rest of my network with ip address conflicts and it is the last d-link product I will ever buy. It will also be the last dlink product ever to get considered at my company. welcome to the banned hardware list of an 11 billion dollar company We have no use for crap hardware.

jerry6

• Level 2 Member
Re: ok I'm done
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 05:52:43 AM »

Strange as it has worked for about a year now with my x-box and blu ray player , what was the problem ? Could it have been a bad unit ?

jerry6

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 09:57:00 AM »

how you think they got to be an 11nty billion dollar company ? Business class devices are too expensive
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 03:46:43 PM by jerry6 »

Ru-Fi-Oh

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 11:43:56 AM »

Wow 11 billion.. Was there an attempted firmware upgrade at least before throwing it in the ravine?  :'(

jettero

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2009, 04:27:31 AM »

Put in on craig's list ... I'd love to buy it as I'm sure it would work great for me.  I can tell from the problem description this is entirely user error.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 04:29:38 AM by jettero »

vaz

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2009, 01:21:46 PM »

Attention seeking thread IMO. I'll admit this device could be a little easier to use, but it's more than possible to get this to work. Also, don't samsung blu-ray players have a problem getting along on networks? Not sure if yours is Samsung, but don't be surprised when your next solution still has the same problems.

jerry6

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2009, 02:05:45 PM »

samsung Bluray player sure does have probs ! I KNOW I HAVE ONE
http://www.google.ca/search?q=samsung+bluray+network+problems&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

WEAZ1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 03:08:55 PM »

Wow!  Clam down.....most all problems have a solution.  Sounds like you bought a Linksys product! No but really, do you even know basic networking?  I have seen multiple kids set this dude up with no problems! We all cant be good at the same things or we would all have 11 trillion bucks.  A good biz owner should know not to wonder where he don't belong!