• April 17, 2024, 07:36:31 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Driver in Vista 64 bit SP2 causing blue-screen-of-death  (Read 12759 times)

benclewett

• Level 1 Member
Driver in Vista 64 bit SP2 causing blue-screen-of-death
« on: October 22, 2009, 08:29:30 AM »

My D-Link network card used to work perfectly in Vista 64 bit SP1.
However the driver causes a blue-screen-of-death in Vista SP2.

This is the DFE-690TXD.  There is no posting area for this product so I have posted this here with the hope somebody will notice and fix this driver, or suggest an alternate product which works.

Regards,

Ben.

GMAN_BLUE

• Level 1 Member
Re: Driver in Vista 64 bit SP2 causing blue-screen-of-death
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 03:27:03 PM »

just fried a new HP using the usb dlink h7 hub.  HP model p6240f was updating to windows 7 and the result was blue screens.  HP ended up swapping out the machine.  it also had a bad hard drive after the first week.  But this came after 3 weeks and endless hours with tech support.  Since there is no software installed for the hub, i wanted to relay my bad experience.  Also, just did a test on a older vista machine that was going to blue screens, swapped out the hard drive...etc.  Still get blue screen using the same dlink h7 usb hub.  WHEN I REMOVE THE HUB. THE BLUE SCREENS STOP.  anyone have a recommendation for a hub that will not screw up my computers.  (older machine is also an HP, but a LAPTOP tx1000)