The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-506L

Unable to access when in 3G/4G

(1/3) > >>

staifer:
My DIR-506L is working just fine in regards to 3G/4G dongle and access to internet through wifi. But I'm unable to access the internet and the router itself through Ethernet port.

Checking the logs I got this specific line:

commander: Ethernet port configuration: Configured as WAN

Is it possible to have the Ethernet port as a LAN, routed to internet like the wifi interface?

Mine is DIR-506L; H/W: A2; F/W: 2.14;

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What region are you located?
Not sure about this...You may want to look at the user manual to see if this maybe possible, if not, I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this. We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
Let us know how it goes please.

staifer:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on August 29, 2014, 07:23:33 AM ---Link>Welcome!

* What region are you located?
Not sure about this...You may want to look at the user manual to see if this maybe possible, if not, I recommend that you phone contact your regional D-Link support office and ask for help and information regarding this. We find that phone contact has better immediate results over using email.
Let us know how it goes please.

--- End quote ---

My region is Brazil. I have done all those steps, none it was helpful. I tried many configuration as possible even those not clearly explained in the user manual.

FurryNutz:
I would phone contact your regional support office and ask about this specific configuration. This maybe something that is not supported on this model router when in this mode.

Let us know what they say...

staifer:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on August 29, 2014, 07:34:32 AM ---I would phone contact your regional support office and ask about this specific configuration. This maybe something that is not supported on this model router when in this mode.

Let us know what they say...

--- End quote ---

They said they can only ensure the working of the product by using the DWM-157 (HW:B1) or DWM-156 HW:A6 3g/4g dondles. They also said that the DIR-506L doesn't work with my dondle ZTE MF190.

Not an accurately support provided as I bought the product by checking the compatibility on the own D-Link provided doc http://www.dlink.com/-/media/Consumer_Products/DIR/DIR%20506L/Additional%20Downloads/DIR_506L_modem_card_supporting_list_20130429.pdf . And also the information provided by them wasn't in regards the issue.

So. Complain about the regional support isn't my goal. I just want to know if I am missing something on setup or in the last case notify about this issue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version