• March 29, 2024, 07:32:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Need help with firmware for DAP-1360  (Read 19691 times)

sTu_Deimus

• Level 1 Member
Need help with firmware for DAP-1360
« on: April 09, 2011, 06:31:44 PM »

Hi, Just tried to flash "new" firmware on this new DAP-1360 B1. Once that was done, the unit is stuck at the "access point recovery mode" page. When I point it at the new firmware, it seems to do nothing on submit - presumably this firmware is dud or the incorrect variant for this unit.

The original firmware was 2.10EN, from Jul-2010.

The latest firmware from the site is 2.10B02 - is that a successor to 2.10EN?

- I couldn't find any info on their site advising what the EN and B02 refer to.
- The relnotes weren't dated, so I couldn't confirm relevant ages.
- Couldn't find any release history either.
- Tried factory reset.

Where to download earlier versions? see version History? Any more info on how to use the recovery mode page? Hopefully just need the right fw file.

Stu.

sTu_Deimus

• Level 1 Member
Re: Need help with firmware for DAP-1360
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 09:27:41 PM »

Can a forum admin plz move this post to a more general and visible folder/group? Much of the question is about Dlink firmware management practices as it is about that particular model.

Thanks, Stu.

sTu_Deimus

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 04:40:03 PM »

To answer my own question, having spoken to Dlink support:

- Yes, 2.10B02 is a successor to 2.10EN, and is specifically meant to work on a DAP-1360B01.
- The ONLY info readily available for these firmware releases is what is on that dlink download page, so no changelog, and no previous versions (or their relnotes).
- They suggested a "Crash reset" (I think that was the term) where instead of doing as the manual says for a factory reset, do this: pres/hold the reset button for 10secs... disconnect power for 30secs... reconnect power and after 10secs let go of the reset button. Then try firmware upgrade again. If that doesn't work, the unit is returned DOA.

Stu.

tony6573

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 07:28:38 PM »

The latest FW to date is v2.11