• April 25, 2024, 03:41:11 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Ogg files in Upnp AV server are not being served  (Read 3415 times)

kajtek

Ogg files in Upnp AV server are not being served
« on: February 03, 2008, 02:57:11 PM »

I copied all of my ogg music files to DNS-323, then I did the refresh which took a long time.
Then I tried to use my DSM-520 to play them but the files are not showing up.
All other files (jpeg, mp3, avi, mpeg) are showing correctly and work fine.
If I copy the ogg files to a USB flash memory and then plug it into the DSM-520, it plays them fine so there is nothing wrong with the files.
If I access DNS from a linux workstation (as samba share), I can read and play the files.

My guess is that the DNS-323 firmware/software is not considering ogg files as valid music files and it ignores them when it does the refresh and it creates Upnp server database(?).
I am using the latest firmware (1.04)
Any ideas?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 03:21:24 PM by kajtek »

ECF

• Administrator
  • Level 11 Member
Re: Ogg files in Upnp AV server are not being served
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 04:20:18 PM »

Ogg is not a supported file format by the UPnP AV server currently. However a request has been forwarded to support this format in future firmware.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream

kajtek

Re: Ogg files in Upnp AV server are not being served
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 08:06:32 PM »

I hope it can be included in the next version because I am tired of hooking up my hard disk to the USB port of the media player (DSM-520).
I am sure it is a simple fix because the server does not do anything with the files except look at the file name extension.