• March 19, 2024, 04:32:28 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Can't acces shares in the DNS 323 but I can ping it  (Read 3016 times)

kazuma6666

• Level 1 Member
Can't acces shares in the DNS 323 but I can ping it
« on: August 17, 2015, 11:53:51 PM »

Hello,

I have a problem with my DNS 323. I returned from holiday today, and it seems every day since 3 weeks now, my boss had to reboot the NAS. The front button doesn't do anything, I have to cut the power and restart it manually.
I can ping the IP of the DNS 323, but I can't acces the webinterface or acess the shares. The left light is amber, and the right light is red if I remember right. The middle light is still blue, and blinking a lot.

Is there some way to see what's happening? I see no log options anywhere. Thanks for your help!

EDIT : 45 mins after forcing the reboot, I get a strange behaviour. The share is not accessible anymore, and the NAS is making little BIPs about every seconds (a bit more than that actually) and the light on the left goes off each time there is a BIP. each light is still blue.
I can still ping it, but that's all I can do.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 12:47:48 AM by kazuma6666 »

ivan

• Level 8 Member
Re: Can't acces shares in the DNS 323 but I can ping it
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 08:05:11 AM »

How are the disks setup in your installation, RAID 0, RAID 1, Standard, etc.?  This will determine the success of gaining access to the data since you don't mention current backups.

First the easy things to test.
1)  Check the DC voltages of the power supply under load.
2)  Check if the fan is working.
3)  If your setup is RAID 1 then remove one of the disks and report what happens.

At the moment I would suspect a faulty power supply, one that has not completely failed but one that is supplying very marginal current.

kazuma6666

• Level 1 Member
Re: Can't acces shares in the DNS 323 but I can ping it
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 02:36:16 AM »

Ok, we took the disc and put them in one of our DNS-325. We now copied the data from the disks and we trashed the old enclosure. We had a spare NAS drive unused, and all the data was transfered.

I tried changing the power supply, but nothing worked.

Thanks for your help.