• March 29, 2024, 03:13:18 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: How to setup Remote Desktop with the WBR-2310  (Read 7393 times)

fusch

• Level 1 Member
  • GO CANES!
How to setup Remote Desktop with the WBR-2310
« on: August 07, 2008, 03:37:13 PM »

All,

I would like to enable Remote Desktop on my laptop at home so that I can access it from work. What steps do I need to take to do this?

What I can't figure out is how do I point to a specific computer on my network. The router's IP address (the one the world sees) will direct me to my network, but how I do select the particular computer on my network at home that I want? I have 2 laptops wirelessly connected. Does this involve port forwarding?

Any help or hints are appreciated.

Thanks!
Any inanimate object, regardless of its position, configuration or purpose, may be expected to perform at any time in a totally unexpected manner for reasons that are either entirely obscure or else completely mysterious.
-Flap's Law

fusch

• Level 1 Member
  • GO CANES!
Re: How to setup Remote Desktop with the WBR-2310
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 03:54:29 AM »

Any inanimate object, regardless of its position, configuration or purpose, may be expected to perform at any time in a totally unexpected manner for reasons that are either entirely obscure or else completely mysterious.
-Flap's Law