The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DAP-1522

Unable to connect to device via IP address or DLINKAPP

(1/4) > >>

TPQ1235:
Just purchased the DAP-1522 so that I can use it as a bridge between my TV and my Linksys WiFi router and therefore the internet.

When I connect my PC to the DAP-1522 via the ethernet cable, and enter 192.168.0.50 or DLINKAPP via my browser I get am unable to connect.

I have entered the MAC address into the MAC filter table in the Router (I use that to control access).

Since I can't access the set-up app I can't set up the device.....

jerry6:
you have to set your tcp/ip to 192.168.0.22 or something between 2and 49 , then connect , set up and set the dap to a ip in your routers ip range

gniknalu:
Use http://dlinkap  instead of the direct IP address.

toddrom:
I am having the same issue which seems to be very common as I've seen it described in many other places but with no resolution whatsoever.

DAP-1522 cannot be accessed in ANY way and DOES NOT reset to factory settings.

I tried resetting it multiple times...tried keeping the reset button pressed for 1min...rebooted with reset button pressed (here the "on" light keeps blinking" but no actual reset to factory settings takes place).
I had it connected to several PC's configured with static 192.168.0.x (tried at least a dozen x values), in any of the 3 positions - AP, Auto, Bridge.
I could never ping or access via http 192.168.0.50 OR dlinkap. And no, it's not a software firewall issue.

However, the WPS button works, and it connects to my DIR-655 just fine. The bridge mode works good and I have 2 PC's wired to it, one with Windows 7 and one with XP64.
None of them can actually see the device on the network despite working through it. Network discovery can see the DIR-655 and a DNS-323 that I have on the network but not DAP-1552. My network is in the 10. range

The WPS settings will be kept after the so-called factory reset.

Please do not post answers like try this IP, use IP or use dlinkap as it is not helpful.
Is there a way to open this box and short some pins to clear it's memory and have it reset to factory?
If there is anyone from dlink with a suggestion it would be much appreciated

rtk:
I had the same thing happen and it was pretty annoying.  There is nothing wrong with the 1522 or anyting that needs to be reset.  The reason you can't access it is because your PC network adapter isn't communicating with the 1522 and isn't automatically getting the correct IP info to do so.   To access the 1522, connect a cable to the PC you want to use and go into windows control panel network settings to manual configure the network.  

IP address: 192.168.0.51
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.0.50
Leave DNS set to automatic.

thats it.  you should be able to now access your 1522 by typing in 192.168.0.50 from the browser.   setup your network as you want, including moving the switch on the back as needed.   if you are using it in bridge mode, dont forget to reset the IP configurations of your PC above back to automatic.  it all makes sense really but would have been helpful had dlink somehow better documented this.   I'm using it in bridge mode and that stupid blinking orange light is incrediblly annoying...  afte getting my wireless N network optimaized, the 1522 performance is pretty good.

let us know if the above works

--- Quote from: toddrom on June 19, 2010, 11:22:21 AM ---I am having the same issue which seems to be very common as I've seen it described in many other places but with no resolution whatsoever.

DAP-1522 cannot be accessed in ANY way and DOES NOT reset to factory settings.

I tried resetting it multiple times...tried keeping the reset button pressed for 1min...rebooted with reset button pressed (here the "on" light keeps blinking" but no actual reset to factory settings takes place).
I had it connected to several PC's configured with static 192.168.0.x (tried at least a dozen x values), in any of the 3 positions - AP, Auto, Bridge.
I could never ping or access via http 192.168.0.50 OR dlinkap. And no, it's not a software firewall issue.

However, the WPS button works, and it connects to my DIR-655 just fine. The bridge mode works good and I have 2 PC's wired to it, one with Windows 7 and one with XP64.
None of them can actually see the device on the network despite working through it. Network discovery can see the DIR-655 and a DNS-323 that I have on the network but not DAP-1552. My network is in the 10. range

The WPS settings will be kept after the so-called factory reset.

Please do not post answers like try this IP, use IP or use dlinkap as it is not helpful.
Is there a way to open this box and short some pins to clear it's memory and have it reset to factory?
If there is anyone from dlink with a suggestion it would be much appreciated

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version