• March 28, 2024, 03:03:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: myD-Link "Live Video" function and Firefox 4 (DCS-930L)  (Read 12627 times)

TD99

• Level 2 Member
myD-Link "Live Video" function and Firefox 4 (DCS-930L)
« on: March 24, 2011, 11:24:49 AM »

I just upgraded from Firefox 3.6.1.5 to version 4.0 on one of my systems and now the Live Video function no longer works. There is simply no picture. No black box, nothing. Here's a screenshot.

Has anyone else experienced this problem???

I'm not having this issue with IE8 + ActiveX, just with Firefox + Java.

TD99

• Level 2 Member
Re: myD-Link "Live Video" function and Firefox 4 (DCS-930L)
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 09:47:49 AM »

I've since disabled and removed all Java-related add-ons in FireFox 4.0, removed everything Java-related on the computer via "Add/Remove Programs" (this is an XP system), rebooted, went back to mydlink.com where I was told to download and install the latest Java Run-time.

Did all that, still same issue.

Terryl

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2011, 02:01:01 AM »

I have the same problem, FireFox does not support the OCX.DLL Active X control for the video from the DVR's, I have to use IE, you can post a complaint about it in the FireFox forums. 

Code: [Select]
http://forums.mozillazine.org/index.php?c=4

TD99

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 09:55:37 AM »

I have the same problem, FireFox does not support the OCX.DLL Active X control for the video from the DVR's, I have to use IE, you can post a complaint about it in the FireFox forums. 

Code: [Select]
http://forums.mozillazine.org/index.php?c=4

Ahh I see. Well, that prompted me to remove Firefox 4.0 and reinstall 3.6.16 just moments ago.

Everything is fine now. I don't see any compelling reason to go to 4.0.

limkoDesFF

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 12:42:14 AM »

I did have encountered the same problem but I did have it work. It is that you didn’t got it working after installing the latest java-runtime because I got it working on mine. Maybe you have not installed the java runtime correctly, better yet try to post on the firefox forum maybe they can help you.

Try our indianapolis seo with seo services

TD99

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 02:58:02 PM »

I did have encountered the same problem but I did have it work. It is that you didn’t got it working after installing the latest java-runtime because I got it working on mine. Maybe you have not installed the java runtime correctly, better yet try to post on the firefox forum maybe they can help you.

Pretty sure I installed JRE correctly: Next > Next > Finish...

acellier

• Level 4 Member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 12:43:32 PM »

I have the **identical problem** with Firefox 4 on a Mac (10.6.7) - system is fully updated with Java. It worked with Firefox 3.6.15
Thanks for pointing to Firefox 4 as the problem. True in both 64- and 32- bit modes.
It works still, on Safari; had to check in Preferences to enable Java. Firefox does not seem to have a control.
I submitted feedback to Firefox (Mozilla), suggest others do also.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 01:51:10 PM by acellier »

TD99

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 12:16:39 PM »

Is it a Firefox issue, or a D-Link one (e.g. they need to update the myDlink site to properly detect and support the 4.0 browser)?

xploremore

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 05:29:23 PM »

I do have the live video feed working with Firefox 4 so it can work with this browser. The only issue; if I migrate away from the dlink browser page, when I come back to it I have to re-click the Java button again.

I think that active-x is only supported within IE, not Firefox. However, this is remedied by choosing the Java option for live feeds when using Firefox.

I doubt this is the case but I believe it is also possible to call on earlier versions of Java. I would make sure that you have at least 6v19-20 or above. In almost all cases you can uninstall all earlier versions prior to your latest version from within add remove programs.

three_jeeps

• Level 2 Member
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 12:28:30 PM »

um, my experience is different than what you all stated above.  I have no problems when using FF 4.0 works fine.  I do, however, have a problem with 3.6.16.  Keeps saying I need to install the Java plugin, I install the plugin, relaunch FF 3.6.16, clean the cache, etc. and try again...same problem: need to install the plugin.  I checked the JVM on the machine and it indeed tells me the current  JVM is installed...and my other Java based apps work fine...So, IDK what is messed up...
It is strange b/c on other machines, BOTH FF 3.6.16 and  4.0 work.   Go figure...

If I run into that problem, and just revert to using IE, which is the *only* reason I use IE...well except to talk to sharepoint (but that is another M$ captive application...)

-J