• March 28, 2024, 10:34:02 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Need some help  (Read 4059 times)

cyphon

Need some help
« on: October 08, 2008, 02:11:13 PM »

Im trying to instal my dlink router but im having some issues.

I run the installation cd and it finds the router but it stops at the step saying that it cant connect to the internet and that I may be behind a firewall.  I am at a college campus using resnet so that may be causing issues but the thing is that i have installed the router before using the same connection.  So im not sure what to do to get past this step.

jessper

• Level 1 Member
Re: Need some help
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 03:01:03 AM »

Hi there, just want to ask who is your Internet Service Provider and how is your router physically connected to your modem and computer?. Just for the basic troubleshooting try to follow this step without using the CD set-up.

- Connect the modem to the WAN port of the router
- Connect the computer to one of the LAN port
- Now try to check the lights, you must have 5 light on your router starting from the left (Power,Status,WAN,WLAN and the port where the computer is connected)
- Try to open a web browser and type in the address bar 192.168.0.1
- A log-in screen will appear just type in the username as "admin" and then leave the password field blank.
- If your are using a DSL connection and has a username and password from your Internet Service Provider try configuringf the router for PPPoE connection by going to the Set-up Tab>Internet>Click on the Manual Configure button then Select PPPoE (username and password) under Internet connection type then just type in the username and password given to you by your ISP.
- But if you don't have a username and password try selecting Dynamic IP DHCP instead of PPPoE under the Internet Connection Type, then click on the Clone Mac Address button. Then save your settings
- Check for the Internet Connection

Hopefully that this will help.