• April 24, 2024, 11:10:27 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Connection Manger ?  (Read 5937 times)

dijohn

Connection Manger ?
« on: February 09, 2008, 05:55:51 PM »

Running Vista home I cannot get the Dlink Connection Manager to work. I have no idea how to set up the DWA652 without it. Please help

l1fe

Re: Connection Manger ?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 05:02:01 AM »

I was unable to get the laptop to find my wireless connection using the Dlink Connection Manager. I had to go back into my advanced wireless settings and under the "Wireless Networks" tab, check the "Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings" option. Once I did that I was able to find my access point. I'm on an XP box and was unable, for the life of me, to get the Dlink software to work.

Mlachake

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 10:37:47 AM »

You may have to disable the Windows utility and launch the D-Link Connection Manager. You can not have both running at the same time.

AWDL

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 11:03:27 AM »

You may have to disable the Windows utility and launch the D-Link Connection Manager. You can not have both running at the same time.
True, But the question is really about M$ Vista.

The answer to the original poster is you cannot use hardware manufacture's wireless utility in Vista. You must use M$ Vista tool "Windows Zero Configuration" WZC. It is not a very appropriate name...but then again I don't work for M$ anylonger.
Meanest person you know