• April 24, 2024, 04:16:56 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Curious issue with DWA-652 / DIR-655 with one specific website...?  (Read 18875 times)

pure_energy1

Hey Dlink,

I'm sure you hear all sorts of good ones thoughout your days. So here's another.

I'm currently using a Dell Latitude D610 laptop with a DWA-652 card to get Wireless N speeds. (it also has an internal Dell wireless-G card). OS is WinXP with latest updates.

DWA-652 driver version is 1.30. Not using the Dlink site manager.

For some very ODD reason, I am unable to access Logitech's Universal Remote website http://www.myremotesetup.com and/or use their software even though any other website or network application works.

I know... check with Logitech. But hear me out first.

If I disable the DWA-652, and use the Dell internal card, it works. It seems to only be an issue when using the DWA-652.
Other computers on my network have no issues accessing the site either.

- Windows firewall is disabled (by corporate GPO)
- tried with/without Antivirus (Mcafee)
- no other spyware or software based firewalls are installed.
- there are no exclusions, filters, etc configured on the station or on the router.
- Not browser specific. Occurs with IE and FIREFOX.

I am even able to drop down to the CMD prompt, and successfully TRACERT www.myremotesetup.com with both the internal dell card and the DWA-652. Yet it won't load the webpage or the application, which by the way, doesn't use any special ports. It's on port 80.

I'm at a loss.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 10:58:58 AM by pure_energy1 »

pure_energy1

Re: Curious issue with DWL-652 / DIR-655 with one specific website...?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 08:21:36 PM »

Nobody has anything to offer here?

Someone else on another forum working on a Mac, noticed that the problem that I (and several others) am encountering seems to revolve around scaled and large TCP receive windows.

This other person successfully found a workaround by running the following in terminal on their Mac:

sudo sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.rfc1323=0

This apparently disables scaled windows and sets the receive window to 64k (the default).

Being that I am on WinXP, I wasn't able to apply this work-around. Does anybody have any input on this?

Cheers

bspvette86

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 09:33:19 AM »

Hi pure_energy1,
I can give this a test tonight when I get home.  I have a logitech remote and can put the software on my laptop instead of my desktop.  I had to fix my issue first before I could assit.

Regards,
Karl

pure_energy1

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 09:51:30 AM »

Hi pure_energy1,
I can give this a test tonight when I get home.  I have a logitech remote and can put the software on my laptop instead of my desktop.  I had to fix my issue first before I could assit.

Regards,
Karl

Wonderful! I look forward to seeing your results.
For a valid comparison, I am running v1.30 of the DWL-652 driver, and firmware v1.11 on the DIR-655 router with WPA.

Thx!

bspvette86

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 10:31:57 AM »

Just for clarification, do you mean DWA-652 and not DWL-652?

Regards,
Karl

pure_energy1

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008, 10:59:49 AM »

Just for clarification, do you mean DWA-652 and not DWL-652?

Regards,
Karl

OOOPS... Yes, you are absolutely right, I meant DWA-652, not DWL...
I have changed the heading respectively.

Thanks,

bspvette86

Re: Curious issue with DWA-652 / DIR-655 with one specific website...?
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008, 05:39:53 PM »

It all works for me.  I wonder if there is some sort of proxy setting configured in your browser for that adapter that is not there on the other (or vice versa).  Check in IE under tools --> Internet options --> connections --> [Lan settings].  If anything is set there, this would be a good place to start looking.

Regards,
Karl

pure_energy1

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 06:06:09 PM »

It all works for me.  I wonder if there is some sort of proxy setting configured in your browser for that adapter that is not there on the other (or vice versa).  Check in IE under tools --> Internet options --> connections --> [Lan settings].  If anything is set there, this would be a good place to start looking.

Regards,
Karl

Hmm.. strange... are you on the latest firmware / drivers for both the router and the DWA-652? Lemme know what versions you're running so that I can downgrade if need be to try it out.

There are no proxy settings configured on my machine.... and wouldn't that affect all traffic, not just this specific logitech site? I have not problems accessing ANY other site, including www.logitech.com.

bspvette86

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 07:15:19 PM »

I am using DWA-652 Driver 1.30 and DIR-655 Firmware 1.11.

There still could be config specific to the card.  If you double click the wireless icon in your task bar it should bring up a status screen.  Click on properties.  What is listed under "This connection uses the following items"?

You could select "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" in that window and click properties.  From there click [Advanced...]  --> Options tab --> select "TCP/IP Filtering" then click [Properties]   Is anything listed in the TCP/IP Filtering page?

Regards,
Karl

pure_energy1

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 07:40:54 PM »

I am using DWA-652 Driver 1.30 and DIR-655 Firmware 1.11.

There still could be config specific to the card.  If you double click the wireless icon in your task bar it should bring up a status screen.  Click on properties.  What is listed under "This connection uses the following items"?

You could select "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" in that window and click properties.  From there click [Advanced...]  --> Options tab --> select "TCP/IP Filtering" then click [Properties]   Is anything listed in the TCP/IP Filtering page?

Regards,
Karl

That was one of the first things I verified. There's nothing listed in the filtering page, it's set to permit all and the filtering checkbox is not checked. There are also no filters for this IP / MAC address in the router either.

bspvette86

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 07:45:21 PM »

Have you tried clearing your browser cash and deleting your cookie from the website?

Regards,
Karl

pure_energy1

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2008, 08:04:55 PM »

Yup, also tried using different browsers (IE, FIREFOX).

bspvette86

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2008, 08:12:12 PM »

If you are familiar with regedit, what are HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\TcpWindowsSize and MaxMTU size set to?

Regards,
Karl

bspvette86

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2008, 08:37:30 PM »

If this is related to rfc1323, you could look at the Microsoft support document http://support.microsoft.com/kb/224829 or do a google search onr rfc1323 and windows for more ideas. 

Regards,
Karl

pure_energy1

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2008, 08:55:20 PM »

If you are familiar with regedit, what are HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\TcpWindowsSize and MaxMTU size set to?

Regards,
Karl

TcpWindowsSize is at 373760 (5b400 Hex)
MTU is at 1500 (couldn't find MaxMTU)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 08:59:27 PM by pure_energy1 »
Pages: [1] 2