• April 23, 2024, 03:45:44 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Curious issue with DWA-652 / DIR-655 with one specific website...?  (Read 18873 times)

bspvette86

Re: Curious issue with DWA-652 / DIR-655 with one specific website...?
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2008, 05:03:39 AM »

I set mine to match yours, rebooted, and am still working.  I think you really need to work with the site owner to get this resolved.  Anyone else here have any ideas?

Regards,
Karl

pure_energy1

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2008, 05:26:48 AM »

Hmm...
I have already contacted logitec with regards to this issue, as have many others. What's curious about this issue is that it works for many, and doesn't for others.
I'm going to attempt re-installing the DWA-652 driver and see how that works out. I'll let you all know.

pure_energy1

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2008, 06:01:13 AM »

Well, as I was about to re-install my driver, I received a message from Logitech stating that their IT staff resolved the issue on their side. I'm still curious why it affected some and not others (for example you bspvette86 and I who have similar configs)...

http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/message?board.id=general_remotes&thread.id=10514&view=by_date_ascending&page=2

Thanks for the help anyway. :)

AWDL

• Level 3 Member
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2008, 08:49:27 AM »

Were you both using Cable modem connections with light authentiaction on the packets? Or did one of you have a nice size payload of authentication (DSL PPPoE) on every packet?

You only discussed networking hardware and code, Browser brand (not necessarily versions or added extensions), and a couple windows OS settings. There are a few more things that may still be different causing the different results.

IDW4U as it relates to D-Link hardware. Instead of IDW, which means we have to makes changes to the product.
It Doesn't Work.
Meanest person you know

pure_energy1

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2008, 08:53:22 AM »

Were you both using Cable modem connections with light authentiaction on the packets? Or did one of you have a nice size payload of authentication (DSL PPPoE) on every packet?

I am using  a DSL PPPoE connection.

You only discussed networking hardware and code, Browser brand (not necessarily versions or added extensions), and a couple windows OS settings. There are a few more things that may still be different causing the different results.

IDW4U as it relates to D-Link hardware. Instead of IDW, which means we have to makes changes to the product.
It Doesn't Work.

Veyr true, and at this point, we'll probably never really know what the root cause was since Logitech has solved the issue on their side.

bspvette86

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2008, 08:54:41 AM »

There are a large number of reasons why that could be the case.  I have actually been working similar issues at work recently in the process of doing a data center move.  In some cases it was MTU size related, some it was sticky source load balanced related, others just luck of the draw.  The good news is they fixed it for their customers.

Cheers!
Karl

pure_energy1

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2008, 09:02:25 AM »

Either way,

Thank you very much for your help in this, much appreciated! :)
Pages: 1 [2]