• April 18, 2024, 03:51:51 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: inconsistency with DHP-700AV  (Read 8414 times)

jgw0

• Level 1 Member
inconsistency with DHP-700AV
« on: May 10, 2019, 08:57:40 AM »

I have noticed that these units are not consistent.  When they run they run well and then they start going down hill.  I have spoken to support and they have suggestions.  The one that worked the best was to swap the units locations.  I have also noticed that these things get almost hot (which is bothersome).  The one that works the very best is to turn on the wifi (mine doesn't work as well as a pair of these - when they are working), and disconnect the units for a few hours.  Then, when hooked back up they start up and work well until they don't.

As far as I can tell this is the best solution for running these things.  The way these things heat up just may point to their problems.  I have also noticed that when plugging them in it takes them a bit of time to establish a connection. 

I am posting this to see if anybody else has dealt with this inconsistency with these or have thoughts. 

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: inconsistency with DHP-700AV
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 11:38:18 AM »

Any updates on this?

I have noticed that these units are not consistent.  When they run they run well and then they start going down hill.  I have spoken to support and they have suggestions.  The one that worked the best was to swap the units locations.  I have also noticed that these things get almost hot (which is bothersome).  The one that works the very best is to turn on the wifi (mine doesn't work as well as a pair of these - when they are working), and disconnect the units for a few hours.  Then, when hooked back up they start up and work well until they don't.

As far as I can tell this is the best solution for running these things.  The way these things heat up just may point to their problems.  I have also noticed that when plugging them in it takes them a bit of time to establish a connection. 

I am posting this to see if anybody else has dealt with this inconsistency with these or have thoughts.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

kinggeoff

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 06:13:30 PM »

I have a strong suspicion that the powersaving feature kicks in and the device never really wakes back up.

I have a very similar issue where I get great speeds, then suddenly hours or days later, the speed drops like a rock. If I unplug and replug the adapter it is blazing fast once again. I have been desperately searching high and low for a way to disable powersaving but the utility does not seem to have this capability. TPlink utility lets users do this to their powerline adapters and netgear users have reported that the Zyxel utility allows them (strangely enough) to disable powersaving on their devices.

I really believe that disabling power saving would fix many peoples issues with these devices as it does for other manufacturers.

adavidso

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2021, 07:57:21 AM »

I was able to use the Zyxel PLC utility to turn power saving off on these D-Link adapters and also set the QoS priority to high.  Once both of those are done they run fast and as expected.  The default QoS priority is set to "low" and power saving on which leads to poor performance.  Now I can stream 4k no problem.