• April 16, 2024, 06:09:48 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: B Hardware Firmware Update - Installation Report  (Read 4299 times)

thecreator

• Level 6 Member
B Hardware Firmware Update - Installation Report
« on: February 07, 2011, 03:34:15 AM »

Hi All,

This is for all those who are upgrading Revision B of the D-Link DIR-655 Router.

My Experience:

I upgraded my friend's D-Link who purchased it, on my Say-so.

1. - I logged into the Settings page of the Firmware 2.00NA, the Shipping Version and clicked on to Restore to Factory Defaults.

2. - After that was done, I upgraded to the latest Firmware Version 2.01NA.

3. - I restored the Config.Bin File I had saved, which was a big mistake.

4. - Then I proceeded to work to restore Communication to the Lexmark Printer, because I had previously changed the Wireless Protocol to TKIP Cipher Type to connect an old laptop with an old D-Link Connection Card.

5. - The Lexmark was being seen by the Router, but not by the computers. (That was the problem.)

6. - After changing the Cipher Type back to AES, it still did not work.

7. - The last thing I did, but the first thing I should have done, was to do a Hard Factory Reset by the Reset Button. I held the button in for 20 seconds and released. Once released with power on, the Lights flashed and went out and came back on.

8. - This restored communications with the Printer on all computers. The printer already had an IP Address that I manually entered into the printer and showed up in the list for Number of Dynamic DHCP Clients list, which I reserved for the Printer.

9. - But this Firmware Release isn't bug free. He also has a D-Link DNS-323 Storage Unit. It shows up in the list of LAN Computers in Status - Device Info, but not in the list for Number of Dynamic DHCP Clients list.

10. - I had to manually enter all information for the DNS-323 Storage Unit to reserve its IP Address. The printer had its manually entered IP Address listed in the list for Number of Dynamic DHCP Clients list, but not the D-Link DNS-323 Storage Unit.

11. - Nothing I did, short of doing a Factory Reset on the Storage Unit, would its IP Address show up in the list for Number of Dynamic DHCP Clients list.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 01:46:18 PM by thecreator »
thecreator - Running a Verizon FIOS / Fios-G1100 Router into a D-Link DIR-859 Router Rev. A3, Firmware 1.03 and a D-Link DWA-552 Wireless Network PCI Adapter Card. OP Sys: Win 10 Pro - DNS-323 with Firmware 1.10