• April 19, 2024, 03:20:30 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Browser Hangs for 30 Seconds  (Read 4688 times)

1TJ1

• Level 1 Member
Browser Hangs for 30 Seconds
« on: September 13, 2010, 10:59:43 AM »

Wondering if anyone can point me in the correct direction.  My browser hangs [freezes / does not respond] for about 30 seconds occasionally after installing the DIR-615.  This did not happen with my other 2 routers and does not happen if I connect directly to the modem.  I've tried going in and manually adjusting some of the suspect settings in the router, but cannot seem to find the correct one to address the problem.

Any ideas?

Running Vista in a 3 year old Sony laptop... cable modem...

Thanks,

carbonic

• Level 2 Member
Re: Browser Hangs for 30 Seconds
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 01:12:16 PM »

Upgrade your firmware

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 08:25:17 AM »

Does this issue occur on wireless and wired connections?
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

gscott

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 12:30:38 PM »

have the same problem on my DIR632, searching for ideas on here...  Anywhere you can point me for help would be great!

Searching in the Forums as I thought my problem might be common across different products  but can't find anything to help me there.  There does not seem to be a forum particular to the DIR-632.

I just bought the D-Link DIR-632 to replace a combination of old router and not quite as old wireless router I had been using in combination for a while.  Had added a D-Link 323 NAS device and wanted to be able to easily access it from two different wireless computers, two wired computers and two wired DVR, and connect a networked printer.

I installed and got everything up and running easily.  When I first start any computer the internet connection is fast - pages load almost instantly including pages with lots of pictures.  The problem starts after the computer is up and running for a while - all of a sudden the browsers (either Firefox or IE) slow dramatically or even stop responding.  Pages, even simple ones, take 20 or 25 seconds to load or the browser goes "not responding".

Problem same both wired and wireless.

Same in the admin configuration pages for the router.  When I first start up and log in the pages are instant.  After a few minutes the pages are dead slow or the browser goes unresponsive.

Re-booting and or resetting the router solves the problem for just a few minutes then it goes dead slow again.  Restoring to factory default settings only works for a few minutes then same old slowdown.

This problem did not exist with my old wired/wireless router combination.

My thoughts:
bad router?

Firmware??  Is the latest version available according to config Firmware page, nothing avail to upgrade to.

Settings in the router configuration?

Settings in my browsers?  Two different browsers on wired WinXP machine, two different browsers on wireless Win7 machine, problem the same in all of them.

NIC card?  Using the built in one on my motherboard, could maybe try a separate NIC?

anyone with ideas??

1TJ1

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 10:05:16 AM »

Firmware is the latest

Only happens when I'm wireless... if I plug directly into the modem, no problems.

Voip is fine... no hiccups

Only problem is with the browser hanging / freezing with regularity

I've done a hard reset and manually config'd the router [as opposed to using the wizard] ... still no luck... I've invested 6 hours into it so far... almost ready to return it...

Trikein

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 10:15:06 PM »

Try turning off Advanced DNS. If already off, try turning off DNS relay and manually entering in your DNS into the router settings. Also, try changing your home page. Does the hang come when opening that one page or any page you set as your home page?