• April 16, 2024, 02:14:04 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DLINK DHP-W306AV don't see each other when electrically plugged  (Read 5918 times)

alineadouze

• Level 1 Member

Hello Everyone

I've bought 4 x DLINK HDP W306AV devices, for home use in my house
I've successfully configured all of them, one by one, with connecting them (Ethernet cable) to my DSL Modem Router

They were all 4 configured OK, with appropriate SSID, Fixed IP, DNS, Gateway, Encryption settings, etc...
And all of them are working perfectly when used ALONE (independently one by one, when connected (Ethernet) to the router....

But the issue is, as soon as I plug them all (into different rooms) :
In that case, I can only see the first one (the one connected directly to the DSL Router)
Although the 3 other are correctly connected to different electrical plugs, they are not visible on the network
(and connecting to them is ok with regards to the WIFI connection, but of course, that does not lead into getting an access to internet)

I’ve tried to apply many times the PCL configuration/pairing process…
But it does not work at all, with none of my 4 devices
I’ve then found, downloaded and upgraded to the most recent firmware for each of them: no improvement either…
I can only see the 4 of them when I connect them directly (RJ45) to my router (or switch)
But none of them seem to recognize each other, when connected to an electrical plug

Can you help me making my 4 devices see them each other?
(the “encryption/pairing” button process never works : the blue led start blinking on both devices when pressing the ENY button…
but it remains blinking on both devices for about 1 min.. than stop blinking…
And finally, the two devices do not seem to communicate together...
(they do not even restart, as they are supposed to do, if y refer to the manual…
And, moreover, after havint started them, (and tried to pair them),and on all 4 devices, all the “Home” LEDS (PowerLine AV LED) desperately remain off…

I have also tried to use the “web configuration access” to add the 3 others members to the “main” Device (the one connected to the Router)
In that case, the “main Device” still does not see any of the three other (in the “PCL Settings” TAB, after performing a SCAN action)
However, while scanning, it does CURIOUSLY see OTHER BRAND POWERLINE AV devices ! ! !
(I have two old NetGear Powerline devices… and the D-Link DOES see them (but not the other D-Link ones !!!)

So I unplugged my olde “other brand” devices… and still, the 4 D-Link devices don’t see each other…

So please, what can I do to get these 4 devices working appropriately ?

Thanks for your help

Kind regards

AlineaDouze

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: DLINK DHP-W306AV don't see each other when electrically plugged
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 06:50:36 AM »

What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?

I would try setting them up using the on-board wizards and using Dynamic IP addresses. They should be able to use the same SSID and PW. I might test with out any encryption first and test to see if they will see each other first, then go back and turn on encryption after.

Do they all work in the same room all plugged in there?

Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.