The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DCS-936L

Wi-Fi Camera DCS-936L problems

(1/2) > >>

ses28:
I just purchased this camera.  Before doing so I asked if I could download program and use it using only my pc on the Best Buy Questions for this camera.  The answer from D-Link was yes on Best Buy.  Well, instructions said I needed to use a smart phone, tab, etc.  There wasn't any link to download via website. I called D-Link support, told them that the Wifi light was green but couldn't download anything.  He said I needed to put wifi name in and password in, where???  When I asked him this, he said the product must be defective.  If someone can't help me, then I will need to send it back to Best Buy.  Obviously, this thing is working via wifi but can't get info on setting it up.

RYAT3:

--- Quote from: ses28 on September 29, 2016, 03:15:32 PM ---I just purchased this camera.  Before doing so I asked if I could download program and use it using only my pc on the Best Buy Questions for this camera.  The answer from D-Link was yes on Best Buy.  Well, instructions said I needed to use a smart phone, tab, etc.  There wasn't any link to download via website. I called D-Link support, told them that the Wifi light was green but couldn't download anything.  He said I needed to put wifi name in and password in, where???  When I asked him this, he said the product must be defective.  If someone can't help me, then I will need to send it back to Best Buy.  Obviously, this thing is working via wifi but can't get info on setting it up.

--- End quote ---

Have you used WPS setup? Page 11 of the manual.

ftp://ftp2.dlink.com/PRODUCTS/DCS-936L/REVA/DCS-936L_REVA_MANUAL_1.00_EN_US.PDF

Is the wifi/password on a label on the camera? Perhaps underneath the camera on the base?

FurryNutz:
Link>Welcome!

* What Hardware version is your DCS? Look at the sticker behind or under the camera.
* Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DCSs web page under status.
* What region are you located?
What Mfr and model is the main host router?
What wireless modes are you using?
What is the distance between the Camera and the main host router?
I recommend setting a static IP address ON the cameras outside of the main host routers default DHCP IP address pool as a troubleshooting step: 192.168.#.93  DHCP

--- Quote from: ses28 on September 29, 2016, 03:15:32 PM ---I just purchased this camera.  Before doing so I asked if I could download program and use it using only my pc on the Best Buy Questions for this camera.  The answer from D-Link was yes on Best Buy.  Well, instructions said I needed to use a smart phone, tab, etc.  There wasn't any link to download via website. I called D-Link support, told them that the Wifi light was green but couldn't download anything.  He said I needed to put wifi name in and password in, where???  When I asked him this, he said the product must be defective.  If someone can't help me, then I will need to send it back to Best Buy.  Obviously, this thing is working via wifi but can't get info on setting it up.

--- End quote ---

ses28:
I had to borrow  a friend's smartphone to download the app to set up this camera.  When I did that the camera seems to be working fine other than I don't know if it is recording, I set it up to auto record from 10pm to 10am.  I will see tomorrow if it recorded.

RYAT3:
So you scanned the QR code?

You don't have a smart phone?  Was your friend's phone android or apple IOS?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version