• March 28, 2024, 08:21:24 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DNS-343: Newbie problem for mapping NAS drives from W7  (Read 3854 times)

kasperii

• Level 1 Member
DNS-343: Newbie problem for mapping NAS drives from W7
« on: January 16, 2010, 05:55:19 AM »

I am running Windows 7 and was successful in running the configuration with the web UI. Drives are visible from the web UI and seem to work fine. I pinged the NAS from the command prompt and received a positive response.

Problem:
1. I cannot see anything from easy search utility. (not a big problem but mapping should still work)
2. I cannot map the drives from the windows explorer view. Network does not seem to recognize the existence of the DNS-343. It may be a firewall issue (how to check?) or an ip conflict (do not think so, router assigned the ip address automatically) or something else.

LLTD is enabled but with no visible impact.
The firmware is 1.03.

Thanks for any help!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: DNS-343: Newbie problem for mapping NAS drives from W7
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 06:25:22 AM »

Do you know the IP address of the DNS?  You have to map directly to the NAS volume: eg: "\\192.168.1.5\Volume_1"
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 09:14:12 AM by JavaLawyer »
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

kasperii

• Level 1 Member
Re: DNS-343: Newbie problem for mapping NAS drives from W7
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2010, 06:32:03 AM »

Do you know the IP address of the DNS?  You have to map directly to the NAS volume: eg: "\\192.168.1.5\Volume_1"

Indeed, that was my problem. I tried to map only with the DNS' ip address. This worked right away. Thanks for the quick response!