D-Link Mobile Apps > mydlink Lite App

iPhone -support

(1/3) > >>

hardhead:
When I try to connect to my cameras using myDlink the iPhone it wants to install java, apparently the iPhone doesnt support java.  Is there anything different i can do to use the iPhone?

Bett0:
The iPhone does not allowed the installation of plug-ins.
Only an app would provide the service. There is no word on any.
The DCS-1100/1130 are also stand alone - like all DCS.
If anyone has confirmed that an app supports any/all the DCS model with mpeg4 and/or jpeg, we will all appreciated if you let us know.

hardhead:
I found this article.. it's a glimmer of hope.

http://java4iphone.com/all-news/tutorial-install-java-on-the-iphone/

Bett0:
The problem is, it will require that the phone be broken out of jail, if you know what I mean.

May I say that there is more glimmer of hope for an actual app.

randym431:
I dont have an iphone, but have a palm pre. Doesnt do java either. Id really like to see the dlink cams support smart phones and not rely on java or activex. Dont know how but some totally different type of video transfer, possibily converted thru mydlink and viewable on a phone as a simple mp4 or flash streamed video file from mydlink. Most companies block activex and java. And phones do not support activex or java, so its unlikely you catch someone breaking into your home so you can call 911, like the famous news article of that lady catching her home break-in in progress. Wouldnt be possible in 99% of most cases with dlink products. Too bad. Smart phones do video and youtube, so I think dlink could devise something new for compatability with smart phones.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version