The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-645

New - DIR-645 v1.06 Build B01 Beta 02 Security Release - NA Region Only!

(1/8) > >>

FurryNutz:
Firmware:   v1.06 Build 01 Beta 02   11/17/2017   NA Region!
Revision Info:   
Problems Resolved:
1. "Fixed Security Vulnerability Unauthorized Remote Command Execution in DIR-645 with DIR645A1_FW106B01.bin & 106B01_Beta01 - reported by Chunibalon"

NOTE: if your DIR-645 router is working with out any issues, it's recommended to keep the current version of FW that is loaded unless your are effected by one of the fixes.

IF IT WORKS, DON'T FIX IT!!!  ::)

Get it here:
NA Region:
DIR-645

Follow the >FW Update Process

Let us know how it works for you...

jclarkw:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on January 20, 2018, 10:56:18 AM ---IF IT WORKS, DON'T FIX IT!!!  ::)

--- End quote ---

Given that this is a security fix, I'm inclined to install it in spite of this advice.  HOWEVER:

Are there any difficulties installing the previous version (1.06 B01 -- no betas-- which I have running now) over the newer one if it causes problems?  Thanks again! -- jclarkw

FurryNutz:
Should be a problem if you follow the FW Update Process.  ;) I would save router configs before going up or down. However I would not load any configs after upgrading from one to another. If you have a config file for each FW version, then load that config file for that version of FW that you load. Keep config files with there same perspective FW versions. I know upgrading to newer you should be save to load the config file and you can. However if you run into odd issues, you should do a factory reset then set the router up from scratch and see if there is any differences.

FurryNutz:
Just loaded this FW on top of the original v1.06 from 2015. I couldn't test wifi however wired seems fine. Visited some sites and all seems working well.

Not upgrade issues.

jclarkw:

--- Quote from: FurryNutz on January 21, 2018, 12:24:52 PM ---Just loaded this FW on top of the original v1.06 from 2015. I couldn't test wifi however wired seems fine. Visited some sites and all seems working well.

Not upgrade issues.

--- End quote ---

Thanks!  It will be a week or so, but I'll report how it goes... -- jclarkw

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version