The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-895L

Dlink dir 895l wan connection reset by itself

(1/5) > >>

miamigold21:

hello everybody,

I need need some help just recently bought this router. to start off my router is running on the 1.13 firmware update that just recently came out. also my isp is Comcast (xfinity) located in Miami, FL. my cable modem is the sb6190. on Friday of last week around 6:00 pm I reseted to factory defaults my router to see if the issue could be resolved. but its now sunday and my wan connection on the ipv4 has only 14 hrs up time and the ipv6 connection uptime is up for 2 days.  I'm not suffering from connection issues but wanted to know if its a software or firmware issue in the router that is not continually with the connection time. I would like some help suggestion to figure out whats going on with this.

FurryNutz:
First off your ISP modem has a problem and is a known problem:
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=65993.0

I would recommend getting into a Arris SB 6183, SB 8200 or Motorola MB 7420 or MB 8600 if your ISP supports any one of these. These are Broadcom based modems, not effected by Intel issues.

Disable IPv6 or set Local Only and test as well.
Set manual WAN port speed to 1000Mb and test.

miamigold21:
hello furrynutz,

i found out what issue was yes this cable modem does have this issue but the wan uptime on my dlink dir-890l never reseted. i found out that the new firmware on the dlink dir895l firmware update 1.13 is buggy not letting the wan uptime to continue the time after 2 days. i had to downgrade the firmware of the dir895l to the 1.12 and its been 4 days and ita been counting and recording the the days uptime correctly. please notify your programer that the 1.13 is buggy and letting the wan uptime to continue after 2 days this is for the dlink dir-895l

FurryNutz:
First off your ISP modem has a problem and is a known problem:
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=65993.0

Secondly did you try setting the WAN port speed to 1000Mb instead of Auto?

No one else has complained about this issue so we can't fully rule it a FW bug at this time until we do more troubleshooting here...

FurryNutz:
Any status on this?

--- Quote from: miamigold21 on September 09, 2017, 08:48:22 AM ---hello furrynutz,

i found out what issue was yes this cable modem does have this issue but the wan uptime on my dlink dir-890l never reseted. i found out that the new firmware on the dlink dir895l firmware update 1.13 is buggy not letting the wan uptime to continue the time after 2 days. i had to downgrade the firmware of the dir895l to the 1.12 and its been 4 days and ita been counting and recording the the days uptime correctly. please notify your programer that the 1.13 is buggy and letting the wan uptime to continue after 2 days this is for the dlink dir-895l

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version