• March 19, 2024, 01:40:29 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Unable to use DCS-5010L camera on Laptop or Ipad Air  (Read 9165 times)

linium2000@yahoo.com

• Level 1 Member
Unable to use DCS-5010L camera on Laptop or Ipad Air
« on: February 20, 2016, 06:17:16 AM »

In the last two week I have been unable connect to this camera Via Internet. For some reason it just stopped working. I am on vacation and have no physical access to the camera itself. I have 4 other Dlink cameras that I monitor everyday without any problems, except on my laptop. No Access at all.
I have sent emails via there website and no response.  When I installed my very first camera I had some issues and talked to Dlink and there were not able to answer my questions. I find this company's customer service to be unfriendly and unformed.  I use Windows 10 on my laptop and no support at all. I use the MyDlink+ on my Ipad.
Any suggestions would be helpful. This camera was the most important on that I needed for my home security.
When I get home I will be looking for a more reliable camera in the future.

Doctor Doom

• Level 3 Member
Re: Unable to use DCS-5010L camera on Laptop or Ipad Air
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 07:26:53 AM »

Unfortunately all suggestions require physical access to the camera because it's very difficult to determine what happened. If it's in wireless mode, it would be more susceptible to disconnection due to the nature of the technology especially if it's placed far from the router. It may just need a reboot to re-establish connectivity. There is little you can do remotely but once you do have physical access this is what I would do.

- Reboot the camera and verify that the green LED comes on and then try connecting again
- Connect camera temporarily (if it was in wireless mode) to router, reset camera and reconfigure and rebind to mydlink
- If this does not work then I would get in contact with D-Link in your country of residence for additional support.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Unable to use DCS-5010L camera on Laptop or Ipad Air
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 08:50:23 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your DCS? Look at the sticker behind or under the camera.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the DCSs web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

What Mfr and model is the main host router?
What wireless modes are you using?
What is the distance between the Camera and the main host router?
I recommend setting a static IP address ON the cameras outside of the main host routers default DHCP IP address pool as a troubleshooting step: 192.168.#.10   DHCP

Test cameras with uPnP and uPnP Port Forwarding both enabled on ALL cameras: DCS Cloud (L) Series Camera Configuration and Mydlink.com
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.