• March 18, 2024, 08:00:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Nightvision stopped working  (Read 12986 times)

lamer

• Level 1 Member
Nightvision stopped working
« on: January 25, 2016, 05:11:41 AM »

The nightvision on the DCS-5010L camera suddenly stopped working, any suggestion on how this can be fixed?

-LM

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: Nightvision stopped working
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 07:09:47 AM »

Can you be more specific?

Do the lights come on?
Or is the ir cut filter stuck?  Give it a good whack perhaps?

alanlong49

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 07:22:02 AM »

This happens to my 5010Ls sometimes.  In a browser, first view the Live Video screen to see how the image looks.  If it's good the problem is not likely in the camera.  But if it's not good, you can access the Setup screen and temporarily change the Day/Night Mode Settings.  To do that, select Always Day Mode and Save it. Now check the Live Video and see if the image is correct. And/or change it to Always Night mode and Save that.  Again, check the image in Live Video.  These actions should cause the cut filter to move.  Finally, I usually then set the Mode back to Auto and check the image one last time.  If it stays good, you're all set until the filter sticks again.  If this doesn't work the filter may be broken (that's happened twice in my experience with 5010/5020s.)

lamer

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 06:46:35 AM »

Great, thanks, It worked :)