The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DIR-880L

QoS

(1/15) > >>

Andrewcox93:
I just got this new DIR 880L, had the 810L before and had qos setup on it, im hoping to get help again setting it up for this router, reason we switched is because there are multiple devices sharing the wifi, 3-4 cell phones, laptop, xb360, smart tv. And this router should be more powerful.But im the only one who plays lag sensitive multiplayer games, & when multiple ppl are on it can affect my connection.

FurryNutz:

* Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded?
QoS differs on this model router from the others:
http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=59563.0

Only think you need to do is to drag and drop the high priority devices into the section QoS priority section desired.

Andrewcox93:
Hw : A1  FW : 1.00      there is no static ip for eather console anymore they both changed.

Andrewcox93:
Is this router better then the 810L? Whole new layout i cant even find network filter to add mac addresses and turn mac filtering on, previous 810 we had mac filter & password for ppl connected

FurryNutz:
Select the Connection Clients icon to the right of the routers icon. This will open a new display. You should see a list of clients. Select each client device and this will display a window with the IP address information and a Reserve slider bar. Slide the bar to the right to reserve the IP address.

I recommend you phone contact D-Link support about Mac Filtering. I don't think it maybe featured on this model router.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version