• April 26, 2024, 02:53:32 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Adding more then 9 Cameras to DNR-322L?  (Read 3822 times)

chuckers

• Level 1 Member
Adding more then 9 Cameras to DNR-322L?
« on: April 04, 2014, 11:24:54 AM »

Hey all,

Just started this new job as an IT guy for this company. They have a DNR-322L setup with 9 cameras already. The people who view the cameras use the "Remote Live Viewer" software to view all 9 of them. They told me they wanted to add 3 more cameras and on the "Remote Live Viewer" app I saw you could have like 16 cameras or something.. so I went ahead and ordered 3 more for them. I'm trying to set these cameras up and just now realize I cannot add them to the DNR-322L as we have reached the 9 camera limit... So i'm not sure what the next step is. Is there anything I can do to add these 3 new cameras so they can be viewed via the "Remote Live Viewer" app? We have another NAS with plenty of storage so I'm OK with having these 3 cameras record else where and not to the DNR, I just haven't been able to figure out how to set up more than 9 cameras on the network. If anyone could help out, point me in the right direction, or tell me what I need to do to get these 3 cameras working and view-able from the "Remote Live Viewer" software that would be great!

Thanks in advance!

chuckers

• Level 1 Member
Re: Adding more then 9 Cameras to DNR-322L?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 01:17:57 PM »

I guess there is no way to add more than 9 cameras to the DNR. So alternatively what I did to get these cameras connected and recording was I found a spare computer lying around, put a 500gb harddrive in there and installed Windows 7 on it. Then installed D-View Cam and set up the remaining cameras that aren't on the DNR to record to that harddrive. I then wrote a script that automatically moves each days recording from the 500gb HD to the DNR so all video playblack/files are in one spot - the DNR.

I'm not sure if this was the best/only way to set this up but at the end of the day all the recordings are in one spot and that's all that really matters. This sure beats buying another DNR and seems to be working fine.