• April 25, 2024, 03:28:01 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: DCS-5010L - never connects wirelessly  (Read 14940 times)

Big_J_SD

• Level 1 Member
DCS-5010L - never connects wirelessly
« on: February 27, 2014, 07:58:45 PM »

Brand new camera, running the setup app finds my wireless network, but never connects.

Entering by wireless password manually fails.  
Trying to connect by WPS, the red LED flickers green and my router (Linksys EA4500 with current firmware) says success, but the LED immediately turns back red.

Wired it works fine.  But that's pretty useless.  :P

Tried a factory reset of the camera, went through a few router resets, never changed behavior.  I almost think the antenna / WiFi on the camera is just busted.

Contacted DLink support yesterday, with nothing since the auto-reply.  Any ideas forum team?

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
Re: DCS-5010L - never connects wirelessly
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 05:49:16 AM »

Is your password simple or use special characters?

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 06:25:57 AM »

Contacted DLink support yesterday, with nothing since the auto-reply.  Any ideas forum team?

If you need to contact customer support, you'll have a better response using their toll free number located in the following thread: Network Cameras - Important Posts & Information
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

Big_J_SD

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 08:51:08 AM »

Typical horrible response from phone technical support.

- redo setup
- retry WPS
- retry factory reset

At the end of which, "Your router WPA / WPA2 mixed mode is not supported.  Call your router vendor."

Extremely weak.  Attach the camera to the guest / unsecured network, connects fine.

So the camera will scan & find my WPA2 network, just not connect to it.  Two thumbs down.

Big_J_SD

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 08:59:11 AM »

HAH - spoke too soon...now the router can connect to the camera wirelessly and assign an IP address, but no video.  Browser can't connect to the IP of the camera, not connected via the cloud apps.

Can't ping the camera.  My router says "network device 192.168.3.135" - doesn't know it's a camera (as it does when it's wired.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 10:16:49 AM »

HAH - spoke too soon...now the router can connect to the camera wirelessly and assign an IP address, but no video.  Browser can't connect to the IP of the camera, not connected via the cloud apps.

Can't ping the camera.  My router says "network device 192.168.3.135" - doesn't know it's a camera (as it does when it's wired.

How do you know the router is picking up the camera if you can't access or ping the camera? Could the IP address be another device?

Big_J_SD

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 06:44:24 AM »

In the router config screen you can start the WPS lookup; it shows a "searching" then device found.  When I put it on the guest network, it's the only device.

Going to play with router a bit and maybe try DLink support once more before junking this camera.  Mailed DLink support twice, nothing besides auto reply.  Not confidence building.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 06:46:59 AM »

Going to play with router a bit and maybe try DLink support once more before junking this camera.  Mailed DLink support twice, nothing besides auto reply.  Not confidence building.

You will have better luck calling the D-Link technical support toll free number (not email). You can find the number here: Network Cameras - Important Posts & Information

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 06:50:33 AM »

What are your network settings for the DCS-5010L? Did you complete the registration process through the Setup Wizard or did you configure the device manually through the web UI?

Big_J_SD

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 07:52:54 PM »

You will have better luck calling the D-Link technical support toll free number (not email). You can find the number here: Network Cameras - Important Posts & Information

Yeah...see above where at the end it was "must be your router, goodbye"

Big_J_SD

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 07:56:32 PM »

What are your network settings for the DCS-5010L? Did you complete the registration process through the Setup Wizard or did you configure the device manually through the web UI?

Both - with setup wizard, it is found - remove wire, LED goes red.  Same with web setup.  "Site Survey" finds my network fine, just doesn't connect.  Thought for sure after Dlink TS failed, they'd RMA...as if the radio in the camera was just defective.

As I said, I'll try WPA only / WPA2 only, see if it is a mixed mode issue.  Maybe set the 2.4GHz & 5GHz radios to different configs on the router to see if that changes anything.  I'll give it an hour or so then return it.

Big_J_SD

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 06:51:40 AM »

Tried to set router to WPA only and WPA2 only - no luck.  Sending back to Amazon for a replacement to see if it was just a bum unit (shocked that DLink TS didn't offer this).  Nice if it worked (dang and I blew $0.99 on the iOS app and everything).   :P

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2014, 06:56:52 AM »

I'm curious, did you have the WiFi extender option enabled or disabled?

Big_J_SD

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2014, 12:06:42 AM »

This is the non-extender version.  Back to Amazon, should have a replacement soon to see if it was just a bum unit.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2014, 04:38:04 AM »

This is the non-extender version.  Back to Amazon, should have a replacement soon to see if it was just a bum unit.

I'm posting on so many boards on this forum that I sometimes lose track of the product page I'm on.  :o
Please post back and let us know how the new unit works out.
Pages: [1] 2