• March 18, 2024, 08:27:54 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Pink and Purple view during daytime  (Read 40135 times)

kalelzone

• Level 1 Member
Pink and Purple view during daytime
« on: January 21, 2014, 10:37:41 AM »

Ever since the first week, the "daylight" view has had pink and purple shades on it. My brown couch is Pink.. Altough it gets a laugh now and then, I would like to fix it. I have emailed tech support and haven't heard anything back. Any help would be appreciated, thanks...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
Re: Pink and Purple view during daytime
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 11:38:52 AM »

This seems to be an intermittent issue with the DCS-5010L and DCS-5020L. Update to firmware version 1.02b05? Also, try switching between Day and Night mode when the issue recurs, as that often corrects the color.
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC

kalelzone

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 05:58:19 PM »

I have that version of the firmware, and i have tried switching day/night mode. Still nothing...

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 04:57:55 AM »

I have that version of the firmware, and i have tried switching day/night mode. Still nothing...

I have the same issue with my DCS-5020L, but it's intermittent, not 100% of the time. Another thing that helped was rebooting and lowering the bit rate a bit (I originally had the bit rate set to the maximum value).

kalelzone

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 09:54:27 AM »

I've tried all that to, and nothing.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 10:41:51 AM »

The image has a purple hue 100% of the time? Did the camera always have this behavior out-of-the-box or is this a recent occurrence?

kalelzone

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 05:31:04 PM »

It was fine the first few days. Then after a couple of weeks it went to that pinkish mode and wouldn't go back.

Louike

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 12:33:45 AM »

I have exactly the same problem, after about 4 days grey and brown colours turned pink. I tried everything described here and resetted the device to factory defaults. without result.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 05:07:20 AM »

I have exactly the same problem, after about 4 days grey and brown colours turned pink. I tried everything described here and resetted the device to factory defaults. without result.

What firmware version is installed on the DCS-5020L?

Louike

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 11:25:50 AM »

The 1.03 (22-01-2014) is installed, i tried downgrading to 1.02 aswel but it didnt fix the problem.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 11:43:43 AM »

I experienced this issue intermittently with my DCS-5020L, which is identical to the DCS-5010L except for the wi-fi extender and color. I previously reported this issue to D-Link and will post back if I hear any updates.

Louike

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 11:25:34 PM »

i just tried the 101 firmware aswel, the issue seems to remain. i'm going to log a ticket as soon as i get through the online ticket system  ;D

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2014, 04:40:32 AM »

i just tried the 101 firmware aswel, the issue seems to remain. i'm going to log a ticket as soon as i get through the online ticket system  ;D

Good idea: While posting issues in this forum is a great means of sharing information with other members and notifying D-Link of issues, D-Link escalates issues for resolution based on the volume of calls received through the official D-Link support desk. If D-Link receives a large number of calls pertaining to the same issue, that issue is more likely to be escalated as a problem for investigation and resolution. As such, in addition to posting issues in this forum, forum members are encouraged to call the toll free D-Link support desk to report their issue: 1-888-851-6464.

lucianf

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2014, 02:28:17 AM »

Sorry for the double post. I just posted this in the 1.03 thread as well, since I believe there's a 1.03 bug there, but I thought it would help posting here as well.

This camera is driving me nuts (I have a 5010L bought from NewEgg). I want to keep the camera in day mode only, since I keep it in my bedroom as a baby monitor and only need it during the day (and I don't like the loud click it does when switching modes).

With firmware 1.02 at some point it would turn the IR filter on, rendering the image washed out/pink. I would fix this by switching day/night modes (e.g. from day to anything else, then back to day). Then a few hours later I would find the image is pink again, and I'd have to switch modes again... and so on.

With firmware 1.03 I was hoping this bug got fixed, but in fact it's way worse. Now the image (colors) are ok all the time; however, irrespective of which day mode I keep it in ("day" or "manual"), at about 6-7am (dusk) it would start switching between day/night on its own, and never stop.. the only solution is to manually change modes again, or reboot it (sometimes it won't even respond on the web interface - I'm using Live Cams Pro on iOS).

I tried reflashing 1.03, restoring to factory configuration, playing with different day modes.. nothing helped.

Also, it's worth mentioning this self-switching (on 1.03) and pink hue shift (on 1.02) only happens after few hours (~12 or so). I couldn't find any reproducing factors (other than time). I tried leaving the camera with a black hood on, to simulate low light, but it doesn't click.. it only does it later, the next morning. Not a nice wake up call!

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2014, 06:32:07 AM »

I'll try reproducing this with my DCS-5020L using motion detection. The day/night transition should trigger a bunch of motion detection events at dusk/dawn if there is switching.
Pages: [1] 2