• April 18, 2024, 11:23:51 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: DIR-826L MYDLINK setup just hangs after trying to register router  (Read 4531 times)

bellevillerc

• Level 1 Member

OK,

So I have a DIR-826L router, that seems to lockup or hangup the settings area of the router when I try and register the router with my MYDLINK account.  you can put in your name and password, then when you press "login" it just hangs there.  Same thing if I try and do a new account, lets me enter my name and password, email, then hangs on the next step.  To log back into the router after this I have to reset it.  It doesn't totally lock up the router as it will still function in the routing aspect, just can no longer log into it unless I reset / turn on and off.

It has the latest firmware, tried on a couple different pc's, different web browsers, java up-to-date, I even exchanged the unit, got another one (same model), and same thing.  I did call tech support, but I don't think the person I was talking to understood what my issue was, and said I should call Customer care if it was a MYDLINK issue.  I have another router (DIR-810L at another location, but same setup) that I already use with a MYDLINK account and have no issues, and can use it via the app or online.  Searched this issue online but haven't found anything yet....

I'm stumped...

Thanks for any help one can offer.

bellevillerc

• Level 1 Member
Re: DIR-826L MYDLINK setup just hangs after trying to register router
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 11:21:51 AM »

Ok been playing with it and figured out how to fix it. The firmware that came with it was the 1.04 but the label on the bottom said 1.02. So I downgraded it and the registration worked. I then upgraded the firmware back to 1.04 and all is good. Must be a bug in the 1.04 firmware.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting

Link>Welcome!

Maybe have been a bad initial install of v1.04. Please follow this for updating FW:
FW Update Process

Web Browser Configurations
What browser are you using?
Try Opera or FF? If IE 8, 9, 10 or 11, set compatibility mode and test again.
Disable any security browser Add-ons like No Script and Ad-Block or configure them to allow All Pages when connected to the router.
Clear all browser caches.
Try turning off these features in Chrome:
Top right corner, little bars for options > Settings > Settings (on left) > Show advanced settings.
Uncheck these:
Use a web service to help resolve navigation errors
Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar
Predict network actions to improve page load performance
Enable phishing and malware protection

Glad you got it working. Enjoy.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 01:20:43 PM by FurryNutz »
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.