• April 24, 2024, 07:27:07 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Wireless Printer Problems  (Read 35579 times)

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • Router Troubleshooting
Re: Wireless Printer Problems
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2013, 07:23:33 PM »

Glad you got something working. Still wondering why the Wireless isn't good on the Canon printer. The 826L is a good router and enjoy mine when i have it online.

I'm enjoying the 865L and 868L routers. Good routers. Very stable.
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

lemoi

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2014, 11:55:16 AM »

has anyone news on this? I've the same problem with a canon MG3550. On other routers it connects without any problem (2x netgear, 1x ciso). thus it is a DIR 826 problem for me

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2014, 12:11:56 PM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under router.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
  • What region are you located?
  • Are you wired or wireless connected to the router?
  • Has a Factory Reset been performed?
  • Was a Factory Reset performed before and after any firmware updates then set up from scratch?
FW Update Process

Does the printer have a LAN wired connection? Wireless? USB?
What wireless modes does the printer support? A, B, G?
What wireless security modes does the printer support? WPA or WPA2? TPIK or TPIK and AES?

Router and Wired Configurations
Some things to try: - Log into the routers web page at 192.168.0.1. Use IE, Opera or FF to manage the router. Besure to log into the Admin account on the router.
  • Setup DHCP reserved IP addresses for all devices ON the router. Setup/Networking. This ensures each devices gets its own IP address when turned on and connected, eliminates IP address conflicts and helps in troubleshooting and maintain consistency for applications that need to connect as well as mapped drives.
  • Ensure devices are set to auto obtain an IP address.
  • Set Firewall settings to Endpoint Independent for TCP and UDP under Advanced/Firewall. Enable or Disable SPI to test.
  • Enable uPnP and Multi-cast Streaming under Advanced/Networking.

Wireless Configurations
Links>Wireless Installation Considerations and Managing Signal Congestion and Good Neighbour Policy
  • Ensure the default (dlink) SSID name is changed. Can be anything and not something thats already in use by any neighboring WiFi routers. Under Setup/Wireless/Manual.
  • What wireless modes are you using?
  • 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz routers: Try single mode G or N or mixed G and N on 2.4Ghz and single mode N on 5Ghz?
  • Channel Width set for Auto 20/40Mhz or try 20Mhz only.
  • Try setting a manual Channel to a open or unused channel. 1, 6 or 11. 11 for single mode N if the channel is clear.
  • What security mode are you using? Preferred security is WPA-Personal. WPA2/AES Only. Some WiFi adapters don't support AES, so you might want to try TPIK only or Auto TPIK and AES. Try disabling WiFi security temporarily on the router and test the printer. Does it see and connect to the WiFi?

Do other devices connect to the 826L via wired and wireless?

has anyone news on this? I've the same problem with a canon MG3550. On other routers it connects without any problem (2x netgear, 1x ciso). thus it is a DIR 826 problem for me
Cable: 1Gb/50Mb>NetGear CM1200>DIR-882>HP 24pt Gb Switch. COVR-1202/2202/3902,DIR-2660/80,3xDGL-4500s,DIR-LX1870,857,835,827,815,890L,880L,868L,836L,810L,685,657,3x655s,645,628,601,DNR-202L,DNS-345,DCS-933L,936L,960L and 8000LH.

gregstud

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2014, 08:22:17 PM »

I've been having an issue with my wireless setup as well.  Here's what I'm seeing and what I think is going on.  I have successfully connected my printer wirelessly to my router.  I successfully connected one laptop (Win 8.1) and I have been unsuccessful in connecting another laptop (also Win 8.1).  The laptop that successfully connects is a Surface Pro 2 that supports both 5 GHZ and 2.4 GHZ.  My default is to connect via 5 GHZ.  The laptop that won't connect to the printer only connects via 2.4 GHZ.  I tried connecting my Surface Pro 2 via the 2.4 GHZ connection and I cannot connect to the printer.

The printer output the printer config setup settings and it says it's connected to my 2.4GHZ connection.  But I think that is false.  When I go into the router, the MAC address shows up in the 5 GHZ section.  I'm assuming, given my PC results stated above, that the printer connects to the 5 GHZ connection and only successfully connects to other devices also connecting to the 5 GHZ connection.  Is that normal?  Are devices only able to see and interact with other devices connected to the same radio (e.g. 5 GHZ or 2.4 GHZ) or should all devices that connect be able to see/talk to all other devices connected on the same router regardless of which radio they connect to?  Is there a router setting(s) that plays into this?

Any help is appreciated.

I will try to provide as much info as possible regarding my printer and router:

•What Hardware version is your router? DIR-826L A1
•Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? 1.02
•What region are you located? NA (US)
•Are you wired or wireless connected to the router? Wireless
•Has a Factory Reset been performed? Yes.
•Was a Factory Reset performed before and after any firmware updates then set up from scratch? Not sure

Does the printer have a LAN wired connection? Wireless? USB? wifi and USB
What wireless modes does the printer support? A, B, G? As far as I can tell it's only N?
What wireless security modes does the printer support? WPA or WPA2? TPIK or TPIK and AES? not sure...but it currently connects via WPA2-PSK

Update: So I changed the settings (can't remember which screen) to disable "WLAN Partition" and this did the trick.  Now both laptops can see the printer regardless of which radio they connect to.  Can someone explain what each "WLAN Partition" option means though?  There is a separate checkbox for both the 2.4 GHZ and the 5.0 GHZ sections.  If I leave one of them checked but the other one not checked, what is the difference between checking only 1 of the 2 boxes, vs. checking both boxes?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 08:42:06 PM by gregstud »

scorey78

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2014, 07:40:31 PM »

I have same issue with a DIR-826L Hardware Version: A1   Firmware Version: 1.04   and a Canon MG5520.  Connection works after multiple tries and dies over time.  I go into printer and it shows no IP address, router shows all 0's.  I think its auto-channel issue, what protocol ensures if router changes channel, the devices know? I noticed my printer says channel 3 and router is auto-selecting to channel 6? not sure why rejoining from printer doesn't fix this...

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2014, 10:13:46 AM »

Link>Welcome!

• What Hardware version is your router? Look at sticker under the router case.
  • Link>What Firmware version is currently loaded? Found on the routers web page under status.
  • What region are you located?

Can you set a static IP address on the printer and set it to 192.168.0.20?

Wireless Configurations
Links>Wireless Installation Considerations and Managing Signal Congestion and Good Neighbour Policy
  • Ensure the default (dlink) SSID name is changed. Can be anything and not something that's already in use by any neighboring WiFi routers. Under Setup/Wireless/Manual.
  • What wireless modes are you using?
  • 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz routers: Try single mode G or N or mixed G and N on 2.4Ghz and single mode N or AC on 5Ghz?
  • Channel Width set for Auto 20/40Mhz or try 20Mhz only.
  • Try setting a manual Channel to a open or unused channel. 1, 6 or 11. 11 for single mode N if the channel is clear. 13 for EU regions. Try channel 48 or 149 on 5Ghz.
  • What security mode are you using? Preferred security is WPA-Personal. WPA2/AES Only. Some WiFi adapters don't support AES, so you might want to try TPIK only or Auto TPIK and AES.
  • What wireless devices do you have connected?
  • Ensure any devices with WiFi adapter drivers are updated.
  • Any 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz cordless house phones or WiFi APs near by?
  • Any other WiFi routers in the area? Link> Use InSSIDer to find out. How many? Use v3, its free.
  • If you have any of these options, Try turning OFF or ON Short GI, WLAN Partition, Extra Wireless Protection and HT 20/40 Co-existence if you have it. Also testing with HT20/40Mhz Co-existence enabled will impact results as well. I prefer to use this option OFF. Recommended settings are default. Under Advanced/Advanced Wireless.

Router Placement
Forum User - "Well I feel really dumb. After moving the router away from other electronic devices my speeds are back to normal. Just a heads up for anyone experiencing slow speeds, you might want to move it away from other electronics and see if that helps."
3-6' feet minimum safe distance between devices.
Placement on main level floor and central in the building and WELL ventilated is preferred. Not in basements or closets as building materials, or near by electronics devices could interfere or hinder good signal propagation.
http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-basics/31083-smallnetbuilders-wireless-faq-the-essentials

I have same issue with a DIR-826L Hardware Version: A1   Firmware Version: 1.04   and a Canon MG5520.  Connection works after multiple tries and dies over time.  I go into printer and it shows no IP address, router shows all 0's.  I think its auto-channel issue, what protocol ensures if router changes channel, the devices know? I noticed my printer says channel 3 and router is auto-selecting to channel 6? not sure why rejoining from printer doesn't fix this...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 09:23:00 AM by FurryNutz »

horkinmidget

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2015, 09:24:32 PM »

I had a similar issue and found that it was related to wireless isolation or as D-Link calls it "WLAN Partition". I had to disable this setting so my wifi connected devices could talk to each other (Advanced > Advanced Wireless > WLAN Partition, uncheck).

Wireless Isolation, sometimes called client isolation, is a setting on a wireless router. When this setting is enabled it prevents a computer that is connected to the network by a wireless connection from accessing computers and resources that are connected to the network by a wired connection. It will also prevent one wirelessly connected device from connecting to another wirelessly connected device. In essence Isolating that device on the wireless network.

I hope this helps.

FurryNutz

• Poweruser
  •   ▲
    ▲ ▲
    • Router Troubleshooting
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2015, 02:40:56 PM »

Awesome information. Thank you for sharing. I'll add this to my list of troubleshooting steps to look at. Hope it helps future users.

I had a similar issue and found that it was related to wireless isolation or as D-Link calls it "WLAN Partition". I had to disable this setting so my wifi connected devices could talk to each other (Advanced > Advanced Wireless > WLAN Partition, uncheck).

Wireless Isolation, sometimes called client isolation, is a setting on a wireless router. When this setting is enabled it prevents a computer that is connected to the network by a wireless connection from accessing computers and resources that are connected to the network by a wired connection. It will also prevent one wirelessly connected device from connecting to another wirelessly connected device. In essence Isolating that device on the wireless network.

I hope this helps.
Pages: 1 [2]