The Graveyard - Products No Longer Supported > DNS-327L

DNS-327L - Firmware Wishlist

(1/11) > >>

JavaLawyer:
The following DNS-327L Firmware Wishlist contains the collective contribution of the DNS-327L D-Link forum community. If you would like to contribute to this list, please post your suggestions as a reply to this thread.

Below is a summary of everyone's input thus far. Please let me know if I over-generalized, misrepresented, or missed anyone's concerns and I'll refresh the list with updates. Recent items are highlighted in blue.

If any items in the wishlist were fixed by the latest firmware, please post and I'll update!

DNS-327L Wishlist

[*]TBD
[/list]

Wishlist Items Addressed by D-Link (Thank You!)

[*]TBD
[/list]

froad:
Not sure if it's a firmware wish - but I think so.  Have 2 942L camera's that record correctly on my 327L. 2 things need to either set up - or easily set up.  1)  be able to access the "my surveillance" whrough the mydlink.com site and 2) be able to have the ftp function work with the camera's automatically so you can have the camera's record as AVI/MP4 files to the hard drive so they can be easily accessed remotely foir copy/transfer or whatever

Thanks

Dave

JavaLawyer:

--- Quote from: froad on October 22, 2013, 09:29:54 AM ---Not sure if it's a firmware wish - but I think so.  Have 2 942L camera's that record correctly on my 327L. 2 things need to either set up - or easily set up.  1)  be able to access the "my surveillance" whrough the mydlink.com site and 2) be able to have the ftp function work with the camera's automatically so you can have the camera's record as AVI/MP4 files to the hard drive so they can be easily accessed remotely foir copy/transfer or whatever

Thanks

Dave

--- End quote ---

The first item sounds like a mydlink request, but I'll put it here for now...
For the FTP function, what do you mean by having the " ftp function work. . . automatically"?

froad:
The camera's I use (942L) have an option to send the video stream (when motion is detected) to a FTP.  The 327L can be set up as a FTP.  Followed what I think is the process but when I "test" the ftp setup in the camera setup - it fails.  Not sure if it's the 327L - the camera (942L) or maybe something on the router (845L).  Or just a plain old UBF  (user brain failure).  The 327L allows you to record the camera(s) within it "my surveillance" application - where and how is a mystery - it does it - as you can play them back - but using explorer or other file manager will not find the file on the network storage device (327L) - but I know it's there - just don't know exactly where.  The problem using this option is that I can not access it with mydlink (any of the my surveillance mode) again... maybe a failure on my part.  This is one of the reasons I want to use the 327 as a ftp - then the camera's would send the video clip as a avi or mp4 (my choice) which I can access through the mydlink portal.  It may take me a bit of time to reply as I am going into an "internet free zone" for a couple weeks so thanks in advance

thunder_2000:
Hi!

I've got 2 more points, i'd wish my dns327 would have.

* App like pyLoad - to download from One Click Hoster
* User restrictions for Folders on Volume_1: I mean, that a new User can just see one folder of Volume_1
Just set up my new 327L yesterday, so maybe more wishes to come. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version