• April 19, 2024, 12:28:01 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: Camera Glitch Tripping Motion Detection  (Read 8681 times)

compywiz

• Level 1 Member
Camera Glitch Tripping Motion Detection
« on: October 20, 2013, 07:00:22 AM »

Hi Everyone,

I'm using a DCS-5010L on Firmware version 1.02 and I have this weird camera glitch which sets off the motion detection, making it practically useless. This issue has existed since I purchased the camera a few days ago, and occurred on version 1.01 as well. I have the camera configured to email me the video on motion detection, so I have a ton of examples where this happens. The glitches vary from a blur at the bottom, which I've attached picture of, to black bars which are much larger. Even with the sensitivity at 1%, it sets off the alert.

Here is a photo of the blur which occurs in one frame:

The additional issue I have with the motion detection, is that switching it from night mode to day mode triggers the detection! This is absurd! During dusk or dawn, the camera can go back and forth quite a few times, flooding my email with motion detection alerts. It's asinine that there is no logic built in to ignore when the camera turns the IR on or off.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues? Is my camera defective?

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member

compywiz

• Level 1 Member
Re: Camera Glitch Tripping Motion Detection
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 08:39:23 AM »

Thanks for the link, I didn't think to search other models. It's unfortunate they didn't find a solution, but comforting to know I'm not the only one. Considering that thread is from July and D-Link has barely acknowledged the issue, let alone fixed it, I will be returning the product.

RYAT3

• Level 10 Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 09:04:53 AM »

Thanks for the link, I didn't think to search other models. It's unfortunate they didn't find a solution, but comforting to know I'm not the only one. Considering that thread is from July and D-Link has barely acknowledged the issue, let alone fixed it, I will be returning the product.

the 5010l and 5020l are practically brother and sister. 5020l has wifi extender and is white.

I haven't set up motion detection to ftp clips anywhere to experience the troubles.

You have tried the latest firmware?

I just use it as a camera to fill in some empty spots..

compywiz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 09:10:04 AM »

Yeah, I'm on beta firmware version 1.02b05, released just on October 3rd. The problem existed in version 1.01 as well. I found the new beta and had high hopes it would fix it, but no luck obviously.

I'm not sure as to why this wasn't caught in development. I can't be the only one who only cares if the camera detects motion...

RCC

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 08:04:41 PM »

some users found fw 1.02b5  significantly reduce the false motion detection emails in thread RYAT3 posted. could you post your SETUP -> MOTION DETECTION setting page ?

compywiz

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 03:20:22 PM »

some users found fw 1.02b5  significantly reduce the false motion detection emails in thread RYAT3 posted. could you post your SETUP -> MOTION DETECTION setting page ?

Hi RCC. Thanks for your reply, but I already returned the camera for an alternate brand.

JavaLawyer

• BETA Tester
  • Level 15 Member
  • D-Link Global Forum Moderator
    • FoundFootageCritic
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2014, 07:48:40 AM »

Hi RCC. Thanks for your reply, but I already returned the camera for an alternate brand.

We're sorry this camera didn't work out for you. Best of luck with your alternate choice.  ;)
Find answers here: D-Link ShareCenter FAQ I D-Link Network Camera FAQ
There's no such thing as too many backups FFC