• April 27, 2024, 10:17:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

This Forum Beta is ONLY for registered owners of D-Link products in the USA for which we have created boards at this time.

Author Topic: No visible networks  (Read 5766 times)

hdelman

• Level 1 Member
No visible networks
« on: November 30, 2010, 06:50:35 PM »

Win7Pro64; DWA-125 revA2, firmware 1.30.  The installation seemed to go well.  Device is shown in device manager, and status is "working properly."  Icon is in system tray.  Orange light is blinking on the device.

My problem is that D-Link Wireless Manager claims that there are not any networks to connect to.  In addition to my own home network, which is working, I typically see 6 - 8 other networks.  When I open "wireless manager", no networks are shown.  Clicking "refresh" doesn't help.

Any ideas?

ngifford

• Level 1 Member
Re: No visible networks
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 02:52:28 PM »

I have this exact problem with a laptop running Windows Vista.

Would appreciate some support.

hdelman

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 03:35:39 PM »

When I finally managed to talk to someone at tech support who could do more than read a script, he had me try a multitude of things, and finally told me that the device was defective.  I returned it, and bought another brand.

FYI - He did spend a bit of time grilling me about what wireless devices might have been previously installed on my machine.  I assured him that every remnant of past devices have been purged from the registry and the systems folders, but nevertheless, he was concerned that something left behind from a prior device installation might be messing up Dlink's software.

H.

Down2theC

• Level 1 Member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2011, 06:06:53 PM »

Wish I checked out this forum before buying this thing.  How the heck did they get Win7 "Certified" without working 64 bit support?  Lame.